The difference between Kings and Queens of the past and today

daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 01:20 pm
What is a very 'big' difference between the Kings and Queens of the past and of those today? Of the rulers of the past and of those today?

In the past, the Kings, Queens and rulers were 'fearers of God'. They were 'God fearers'. Today, the Kings and Queens and rulers might be 'believers of God' but not 'fearers of God'. Today, they might be 'believers' but not 'God fearers'.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 9
No top replies

daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 01:26 pm
@daverod,
Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Psalms 111:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever. "

Proverbs 8:13 "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

Proverbs 10:27 "The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened."

Proverbs 23:17 "Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long. "

Acts 9:31 "Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied."

--

Ezekiel 16:49-50 "Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. "
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 01:47 pm
@daverod,
1 Samuel 2:3 "Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed."

1 Samuel 8:18 "And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day. "

The rulers, Kings and Queens, now days are as 'puppets on ropes' for the 'people'.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 01:53 pm
@daverod,
Proverbs 8:13 "The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate."

Oh, really?

Then why are there so many evils, prides, arrogancies, evil ways and froward mouths?

1 Samuel 8:3 "And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment."

Proverbs 21:14 "A gift in secret pacifieth anger: and a reward in the bosom strong wrath."

Proverbs 29:4 "The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it."

Proverbs 18:16 "A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men."

Isaiah 1:23 "Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them."

Ezekiel 16:33 "They give gifts to all whores: but thou givest thy gifts to all thy lovers, and hirest them, that they may come unto thee on every side for thy whoredom."

Ezekiel 20:26 "And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD."

Ezekiel 22:12 "In thee have they taken gifts to shed blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord GOD."

Here's news for you:

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=news+for+you&FORM=Z9LH3
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 02:13 pm
@daverod,
Oldest living person:
is 117 years old.

So it would only be reasonable to know and believe that the oldest year from which any person being alive today would be would be: 1901

Which makes a person to think of how those born after the year 1901 has and is causing the 'world' to be as it is today.

All the world's 'wicked' doers and 'bribers' and 'extortionists', etc... were and have all been born after the year 1901. They are relatively 'new' persons on Earth, today. Before them, they were not here nor will they be here after they have gone.

Their briberies, extortions, wicked doings, will all disappear and they might not even be remembered in the future to come. Their life would have been as a passing vapor.

Here are those that are 'alive' today: Here today, but one day, might not even be 'remembered' by those of the future; even in their own family last name/surname.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=bing.com&FORM=HDRSC6

For an upright in the way person to try and make it through these and other sorts of persons in life and in the world will require a lot of extra helps from The LORD God Jesus to make it through.

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Top+Stories&nvaug=%5bNewsVertical+Category%3d%22rt_MaxClass%22%5d&FORM=NSBABR

Proverbs 29:27 "An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked."

Even on and in top levels, there is 'wickedness' and 'just'. But which is the 'wicked' and which is the 'just'?

US charges seven Russian spies over cyber-hacking

Four charged with targeting chemical weapons watchdog and all seven indicted on charges linked to Olympic drug-test data leak

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/04/us-russia-criminal-charges-olympics-hacking

US says Chinese destroyer almost collided with Navy ship

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/2018/10/03/us-says-chinese-destroyer-came-close/

If I was a Chinese citizen living in China, I would probably put the blame on the U.S. If I was a U.S citizen living in the U.S, I would probably put the blame on China. But what is the 'Truth" to this? Why did 2 Military ships 'almost collide' off the shores of China?
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 02:31 pm
@daverod,
Why are the 'tensions' getting tighter between China and the U.S and why is the U.S 'tensing' them even more than they are? Why can't China learn to relax and allow for the U.S to be as a 'guardian Nation', to them?

etc....

After all, the U.S does have propensities to want to be 'overseers' and 'guardians' over other Countries, right?

Every Republic/Democrat; vote Processed Country came out of U.S Republicanism, in some way or another, right? Which is only a 231 year old Government anyway. The U.S Constitution was ratified in 1787, 231 years ago.

England had King George III,
France had King Louis XVI
Germany had Emperor Joseph II
China had the Qianlong Emperor
Japan had Emperor Go-Momozono.
Korea had Jeongjo of Joseon

daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 03:01 pm
@daverod,
Can you imagine today's youth and young adult's 'culture' and lifestyle if they were as such under the Reigns of the above mentioned Monarchs'/Emperors' and Rulers' times?

They might be seen as 'far out'.

So let's look 231 years into the future.

How many Presidents would have come and gone within 231 years? We are currently under the 45th U.S President. 44 U.S Presidents have come and gone, some with 4 year terms, others with 8 year terms. Still 44 individual Presidents have come and gone.

And within the same 231 years, the Leaders/Monarchs/Emperors of other Countries has also seen a 'changing' of Leadership individuals. All within only a 231 year time frame.

With the direction the changes has led to and with the direction it has been up to now, we can see that the youths and young adult cultures are the ones being grown and spread abroad. And this has and is still occurring. But one thing is lacking within this 'spreading of youth and young adult' culture. The thing missing is the 'work values/ethics', the 'responsibility and future planning', that the past youths and young adult cultures has worked with 'til current.

Free loading in excess is becoming as if an 'influenza', or should I say, 'affluenza'?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza

And this 'affluenza' plague could be only one of the 'new plagues' which are arriving.

'Affluenza' teen's mom to remain jailed pending trial

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — A judge has denied bond for the mother of a Texas teenager who used an "affluenza" defense in a fatal drunken-driving wreck. Tonya Couch will now await her trial on money laun...

https://townhall.com/news/us/2018/08/20/affluenza-teens-mom-to-remain-jailed-pending-trial-n2511540

Victim’s kin claims ‘affluenza effect’ made judge lower bail for woman accused of killing husband

A judge on Friday dramatically reduced the bond of a woman accused of fatally shooting her husband— a move an attorney for the victim's family says reflects the "affluenza effect." Morgan Leigh Sims, ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/victim-kin-claims-affluenza-effect-made-judge-bail-article-1.3985112
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 03:28 pm
@daverod,
What might 'hearts' left alone to grow alone in goodness result in? Similar effects to 'filthy lucre'. Maybe as 'affluenza'.

Proverbs 19:18 "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying.'

Discipline thy son while there is [still] hope.

Today, even some Governments say it is 'wrong' to discipline your children.

What is 'natural' in the heart of a child?

Proverbs 22:15 "Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

foolishness is 'natural' in the heart of a child.

Why is 'foolishness' 'natural' in the heart of a child?

Because: Hebrews 12:11 "...no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous,..."

So what are the duties of man?

Ecclesiastes 7:29 "Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

to be 'upright'.

1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

When I had the 'natural' heart of a child, I spake and understood and thought with that 'natural' heart of a child: but when I became a man, I put away my 'natural' heart of a child of/with its' speaking, understanding and thinking.
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 03:44 pm
@daverod,
https://www.gingersoftware.com/content/grammar-rules/possessive-pronouns/

I thought that the word 'it' had two possessive pronoun capacities? its and its'.

its to be used when the ownership quantity is singular; such as The library had many books. They were its books.

verses.

The libraries had many books. They were its' books.

The book was on its shelf.
The books were on its' shelves.
daverod

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2018 03:53 pm
@daverod,
What was the average height for a male in the 18th Century? Mr. George Washington, who lived within the 18th Century, is reported to have been 6 feet 1 inches in height. Some articles say that the average 'height' of males in Europe and in Colonial U.S America was 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 7 inches. Which is more accurate for males in the 18th Century?

The clothing that people wore in the past has the ability to fascinate and involve us as few objects of their material culture do. Clothing is intimate.

"Dress" clothing meant formal clothing with a different set of conventions and accessories from "undress," or informal clothing. In 1775, for example, a woman could still don a pair of exaggerated side hoops, or "panniers," to support her wide skirt for a dress occasion, while her undress clothing ;although it would appear quite formal to our eyes;had a more modest skirt size that may not have needed hoops at all. Similarly, the clothes in which a wealthy planter conducted his daily business differed significantly from what he wore to a ball at the Governor's Palace. The garments worn by a blacksmith or dairymaid for daily work were different from their best outfits, reserved for Sundays at church and infrequent special occasions.

Some questions about people's appearance cannot be answered to our satisfaction, even after poring over all the surviving sources. We would very much like to know the size of the "average" person in the eighteenth century, but we can offer only partial answers. We do know that the unaltered bodices and stays in Williamsburg's collections have waistlines ranging from 21 1/2 inches to 34 inches, with an average of slightly over 25 inches. Two hundred and twenty-five men advertised as being runaways in the Virginia Gazette between the years 1750 to 1770 had an average height of 5 feet, 7 1/2 inches. Based on limited, non-scientific samples, these figures cannot be taken as averages for an entire period. Research continues in all aspects of appearance and clothing.

http://www.history.org/history/clothing/intro/clothing.cfm

Table 2: Mean height by status, sex and number of convictions
Males/Females
One recorded conviction Multiple convictions
One recorded conviction Multiple convictions
Born in the Colony (aged 21-50)
67.23 ins (n = 3,990) 66.76 ins *** (n = 1,753) /62.49 ins (n = 834) 62.30 ins (n = 336)
Arrived free (aged 21-50)
66.43 ins (n = 2,705) 66.39 ins (n = 493)/ 61.85 ins (n = 254) 62.72 ins (n = 54)
Arrived as a convict (aged 21-70)
65.33 ins (n = 4,412) 65.05 ins *** (n = 1,188)/ 61.33 ins (n = 1,196) 61.42 ins (n = 319)

http://www.academia.edu/16189059/HEIGHT_CRIME_AND_COLONIAL_HISTORY

70 inches is 5 feet 8.3 inches.
67.23 inches is 5 feet 6.025 inches.

0 Replies