need help about importing vehicle from China

hyde

Mon 21 Mar, 2005 12:19 pm
Hi everybody,
My post has been this forums for a couple of days, but no responds until now Sad . I believe my question is pretty tough and very few people are familiar with that:
My company would like to import motor coach, bus, from China in the near future, but as my understanding that we need to get USA government's permission first, at least from following ones:
1. U.S.A department of transportation;
2. U.S.A customs;
3. Environment Protection Agency;

I know we have a long hard way to go, but we at least need a good start. I believe there are going to have huge documentation work to finish, so, I am thinking about if someone expert as a broker will help me out because we can not handle all the application things.

I did some research on line, but no ideas at all. Do you think the customs broker will be a good choice?

Thank you for your great assistance.

bluesee
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,073 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Mon 21 Mar, 2005 05:02 pm
I don't think your question is difficult so much as it is unclear.

Are you asking whether we think it's a good idea for you to contract the services of someone who knows what they are doing? If you don't (know what you are doing) you should and yes I think it's a good choice.
0 Replies

hyde

Mon 21 Mar, 2005 05:35 pm
Dear Craven de Kere,
Thank you for your reply, right, I know it is definitly a goood choice to target a broker to handle the application affairs, my futher question is do you have related resource that I can share with which some broker would like to handle all the application procedure. Because I have contacted many customs and car importing borkers, but they do not handle the application job there.
Once again, I thank you so much for your assistance and reply.
0 Replies

hyde

Mon 21 Mar, 2005 07:22 pm
More details about improting Bus from China
Hi everybody,
I think I need to explain in details about what help I need from you:
We are trying to find a company that knows how to get the bus tested, what paper work is needed, what laws and regulations need to be met in order to obtain approval to import the buses, fee's to be paid, who would do the testing, how many sample buses to send for testing purposes and how the process goes from beginning to end. If there is such a company in existence, we would like to contract out their services in getting this process moving forward.
Once again, thank you so much!
0 Replies