Need Broker handle Importing Motor Coach from China

hyde

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:01 pm
Hi everybody,
I will fill you in details about importing motor coach(vehicle) from China here.
My company would like to import motor coach, bus, from China in the near future, but as my understanding that we need to get USA government's permission first, at least from following ones:
1. U.S.A department of transportation;
2. U.S.A customs;
3. Environment Protection Agency;

I know we have a long hard way to go, but we at least need a good start. I believe there are going to have huge documentation work to finish, so, I am thinking about if someone expert as a broker will help me out because we can not handle all the application things.

I did some research on line, but no ideas at all. Do you think the customs broker will be a good choice?

Thank you for your great assistance.

bluesee
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 912 • Replies: 1
No top replies

HofT

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 10:34 am
Hyde - call the Chinese Embassy in DC, ask for the commercial attache's office. They have all the requirements including stateside paperwork down pat, and unlike brokers they don't charge for that service.

Once you've sifted through their info and picked a few manufacturers in China you'll probably find they have US representatives; if they don't, and are unable to expedite matters at our end, you can have your company legally appointed representative and official importer and approach Customs in that capacity, enabling you to receive all details free of charge.

Only if that's not possible should you check with brokers.
0 Replies