Doctor Who is coming back!

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:50 pm
For those of you who are fans of this series, it premiers in North America April 5th.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/hex/bigchrishex.gif

Doctor Who
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,145 • Replies: 20
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 10:51 pm
Wow, that could be interesting!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:01 pm
You bet! I've seen every episode of this great series since Day 1. I was so disappointed when it went of the air years ago, but it will be great to have it back.....for however long.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:43 am
Is this on the BBC channel? I've got the DVD's of the classic Tom Baker episodes and I've been watching them on Sunday mornings as they were originally broadcast by KCET.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 08:46 am
Here's a link to the official site of the new "Dr. Who:"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Hope they have as much fun with it as the classic series. I haven't searched to see if it will be on my cable BBC channel but unfortunately it looks like it won't be in hi def nor wide screen.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:09 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Is this on the BBC channel?

I have no idea of which station the program will be carried on in the U.S. In Canada, our beloved CBC will be showing it. I'm wondering which type of time length it will be shown in.

Many years ago, PBS carried each show in a 2 hour format. This is not the way it is viewed over in England, of course, where they saw it in 30 minute bits.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 09:59 am
They aired a full story instead of the serial segments in the U.S. I'm checking on BBC America to see if it will be shown here and I'm confident they will. BBC America is a cable/satellite channel but it is free.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 11:35 am
I can remember the first series that started about 1963, I was about 15 and we used to rush home from saturday afternoon dancing at the Mecca ballroom to watch it.

It's amazing that a programme that was made on a budget that was barely enough to buy a weeks groceries has not only survived for forty years but somehow achieved cult status.

Are the Brits resourceful or what? Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 02:07 pm
Definitely! All the best shows come from England, in my humble opinion! I hope this current series will be around awhile.. I just heard that there were some more staff cuts at the BBC.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:40 pm
Has anybody read the write-up about the new Doctor Who series in this week's TV Guide magazine? Sounds intriguing.

I notice that they're keeping the details real close to their chest. They mention that the old fans might take a while to warm up to the new show. We'll see. I don't mind some changes myself. Just so long the plot lines are good. I'm an old fan who has seen the entire series twice from 1963 to 1989. Also, the movie they did a while back.

What do you think?
0 Replies

Steelborn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:09 pm
I watched the first episode of the new series, and i must say, its not too bad.

The plot is just as silly as you would expect for any doctor who incarnation, which makes it brilliant. Im not too sure I like the cast though, Billie Piper doesnt really seem quite suited to the role of sidekick, but she does a decent job of it at least.

I can't wait to see the next episode actually, its already getting good hehe. But even more, I can't wait to see the new Daleks!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:37 pm
It sounds like I'll like it. Are you a long time fan? Are they showing it in the "1 hour format" in England? That's the way it will be seen here. Our CBC will be carrying the program.
0 Replies

Steelborn

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:47 am
Well ive seen a few of the old ones. In fact, because of the Dr.Who hype over here they've been showing the oldie episodes again, which is cool. Yeah it is a 1 hour format over here.
Oh i think you'll love it.. plenty of the things like the good ol' Dr.Who theme tune and The Tardis are still hanging in there.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:13 am
That's good to hear! I wish that they would bring back the old series here as well. Maybe, eventually.....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:46 pm
Tomorrow is the BIG day! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:12 am
Did anyone else from Canada catch the debut of the new Doctor Who series on CBC last night? I loved it and thought it was great? How about you?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 08:31 pm
I'm the only person here that watched? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 Sep, 2006 03:04 pm
Anyone know when the new season of Doctor Who starts? Must be soon.
0 Replies

VXmen

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 02:31 pm
I remember watching the shows, and there was a robot dog that had a lazer beam weapon in his nose. I think his name was K-9, and the tech was not that advanced... still, good times Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 03:57 pm
It didn't broadcast in the US until the Spring season.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Doctor Who is coming back!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/16/2024 at 03:03:05