Correction of errors

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 04:46 pm
We informed you to ignore the notice to renew your motorcycle insurance policy because you said that you had not been renewing same since after the accident, but however, what you sent us attached to your email of 3 September 2018 is not your motorcycle insurance renewal notice but a renewal notice from MSIG in respect of an Accidental Death Plan policy which is on auto renewal. We will not be able to advise you on this.

I think the part in bold has a few errors. Could someone show me how it can be improved?

Thanks.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 789 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 05:47 pm
The only awkward thing I see is "but however," which is redundant. One can use "but" or one can use "however."
tanguatlay

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 05:59 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks, Setanta.

since after the accident, but however, what you...

Should it be "since the accident" or "after the accident" instead?

roger

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 06:25 pm
@tanguatlay,
No important difference. I would use 'since' to indicate a long term effect, and 'after' for immediate consequences. I would say to use whichever you prefer.
tanguatlay

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 06:52 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

No important difference. I would use 'since' to indicate a long term effect, and 'after' for immediate consequences. I would say to use whichever you prefer.

Thanks, roger.

But "since after the accident..." The original is "since after..."
cherrie

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 07:58 pm
@tanguatlay,
It should be either 'since the accident' or 'after the accident'. Not both.
tanguatlay

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 09:29 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

It should be either 'since the accident' or 'after the accident'. Not both.

Many thanks, cherrie.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 09:55 pm
@tanguatlay,
The entire paragraph must have caused several raised eyebrows, to say nothing of uncontrollable twitching.

Where does the paragraph come from, best ever insurance claim payment refusals pursuant to a fatal motor cycle incident?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Correction of errors
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:20:08