What to do if daughter detests bf

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 08:10 pm
Dating someone over 5 years and we broke up a few times. Reconciled a few months ago and this time we were both determined to make it work. I invited him to the beach with my adult children and sister with her husband. When I first booked the house I was seeing someone else who is only going to stay a few days like my sister. I didn’t think my boyfriend staying the whole week was in an issue with my daughter but it became an argument a few weeks before we left.

I was hopeful she get along with him even though she didn’t see him in a long time. I was really wrong! My daughter who is 26 brought her boyfriend but he left mid week. She insisted my boyfriend leave the next day. She threatened to leave with her boyfriend back where she lives across the country and finally I said I said I’d work something out. I had to ask my boyfriend to leave after to give me two days with my adult kids and he left with my son who he is on good terms with. my daughter and I stayed behind. He was very upset and angry that he had take it off the whole week and now he had to sit home a few days. He also expects to live with me soon and he feels that is still in jeopardy. We care for each other great deal but I can’t force her to like him. She says he isn’t good enough for me because he did serve time for a white-collar crime a long time ago and he has rebuild his life. He’s loving and caring to me and my son and wants to be with my daughter too. I’m single parents of the kids are very attached to me. What do I do? I want to add that my son has mild autism and my bf is very interested in helping both my son and I in regard to his disability.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 6 Sep, 2018 08:45 pm
Your daughter really detests this guy.

Why?

You have posted several times before on this issue. Your sister also detests this guy.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2018 04:50 am
https://able2know.org/topic/475744-1#post-6708171

Isn't this guy some ex-con who's stolen from his own mother?

If I were your daughter or sister, I'd detest him, too.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What to do if daughter detests bf
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:29:26