Away with smartmeters!

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 06:47 am
What's wrong with them then? Well, They spy on you! They increase the bill. They make government control very easy. (It's Hitler's wet dream!). They make you sick by means of radiation. and so on and so forth.

away with smartmeters!!!!!!!!

Your thoughts?

Tryagain

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 07:30 am
@OldGrumpy,
Hajimemashite Grumpy San.

When you use your computer your unique ID precedes you and from your ISP your account number/name/address/bank details and the means to turn on your sound and web cam… along with any other appliances or gadgets that use a broadband connection.

Smart meters also use your broadband connection, but that still doesn’t explain the disappearance of Sgt Coldy Bimore from the 7th Calvary.

Sayōnara
OldGrumpy

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2018 10:56 am
@Tryagain,
what are you trying to say here?
Tryagain

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 06:35 pm
@OldGrumpy,
Fur sure, I have an irrebuttable presumption that proves beyond any mandatory challenge that yew wood sea… and you expect me to disclose it sine die, which could be construed as a filibuster and leave me up a coolibah tree without a paddle.

May I respectfully remind you that Jespah has been known to occasionally if unwittingly stumble upon these threads and any peccadillos are safe with me, as I seek no pecuniary advantage – as according to Wikipedia:

The Boston Mafia or The Office is an Italian-American Mafia crime family in Boston, Massachusetts…

And it was only back last July that ‘Cadillac Frank’ Salemme was found guilty of moider. So there ain’t no way in hell that I’ma gonna spill the beans or dish the dirt. Have a nice day.
OldGrumpy

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:26 pm
@Tryagain,
so, you just 'said' nothing. well ok.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:52 pm
@Tryagain,
Are you still collecting and storing peccadillos? I'm asking for a friend.
roger

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:42 pm
@glitterbag,
Are peccadillos what pass for armadillos in Australia?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:48 pm
@roger,
oops, I live in Annapolis (near the Naval Academy) I may have misunderstood. Do they have armored rodents in Australia???
roger

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:52 pm
@glitterbag,
You'd have to ask Try. She's real smart, but I'm not sure I entirely trust her.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 11:54 pm
@roger,
Oh roger, you know you can't trust smart people, really now.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:05 am
Peckerdildoes were crossed with capybaras
but the resultant offspring were as fast as the proverbial
rat up a cyberspace drainpipe and went
viral.

Smartmeters occasionally track them to the electricity supplies of
grumpy old men in tinfoil hats with all of the meters but none of the
inclination.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 01:05 am
@laughoutlood,
ahh haa! now it makes sense.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 01:47 pm
Dear Mr. Grumpy, I apologize for my amphibology, wot I’ma trying to say is a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

However I still fail to understand why the French spell cotton with only one ‘t’, but spell viscose in the same way; quelle surprise!

Dearest Roger, to avoid any surprise revelations in the bathroom should circumstance prevail during a sleepover, and I can fully understand your confusion after my comment that I have a pair of very fine jugs – but I was merely referring to early Meissen porcelain jugs.

Likewise, any reference to my cute ass is misplaced, as he is actually a mule.
However you are right to be cautious and I grok your perspicacity.

Oh Glitter, my face is florid due to your risqué insinuations in respect of my road kill collection. Y’all are more than welcome to visit and help me index it – I have gotten as far as Aardvark.

You live in Annapolis – OMG that almost makes us neighbors – I once spent the night lost in the Monongahela National Forest and I wanted to join the Navy - but never could tell the difference between flotsam and jetsam.

LOL, what can I say, your acuity is probably the cause of my abibliophobia and subsequent pandiculations. Now if you will excuse me while I go sea the eggs chase the bacon round the fryin’ pan.
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 06:50 pm
It a peccadillo once't . . . it war road kill, but fresh! It tasted like chicken.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 09:51 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

Dearest Roger, to avoid any surprise revelations in the bathroom should circumstance prevail during a sleepover, and I can fully understand your confusion after my comment that I have a pair of very fine jugs – but I was merely referring to early Meissen porcelain jugs.

Good jugs, eh?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 10:30 pm
@roger,
Careful Roger, it's a trap 🤯
Tryagain

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:55 am
@glitterbag,
Oh Glitter, Ye of Little Faith, pardonne-moi if I stepped on a corn flake and now I’m a cereal killer already!!!

Tell me, on a scale from one to ten what is your favorite color of the alphabet?

Far be it for moi to cast aspersions, ( 4 I am no fisherman) but I think the problem is that baby rats are called kittens and a group of rats is referred to as a mischief!

How else can you explain the venerable Setanta – and if I may quote from La Fontaine’s Bawdy, by the Contes et Nouvelles en Vers -

And on he goes, dispensing wit with no resistance from our demoiselle, who takes much pleasure. And he does so well that he dispenses all he has of it…

I wood pontificate that is a Trojan Horse that even Troy would recognize. Be afraid, be very afraid.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Away with smartmeters!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:14:47