What are the rules for traveling with pets?

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 05:49 pm
Depending on the animals' breed, size and requirements, they can travel as a carry-on, be checked or transported with American Airlines Cargo. With the exception of a few breed restrictions, you can only travel with cats and dogs.

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:24 am
@Eva Sean,
I may appear at first economical unless it's business with the heavy petting, I'm classy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 09:38 am
Not sure if you are telling us or asking us. I have traveled with my dog many times. And if you really want to know - it varies by airlines.

Most airlines allow a limited about of small dogs/cats under a certain weight to travel in the cabin for a fee. Yes they are like carryon - and typically the requirement is that they are in an approved airline carrier in which has a water proof bottom (for obvious reasons) and that it can fit under the seat in front of you - you are not to take the animal out of the carrier. They have to have enough room where they can turn around in the carrier.

I am less familiar with the pet cargo requirements as I have never used them.

Many hotels allow dogs - again their rules vary as to amount of pets, size and almost all charge a fee for this.

If you are seriously interested in bringing your pet with you (especially dogs) this website gives lots of dog friendly places for traveling

https://www.bringfido.com/
izzythepush

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:50 am
@Linkat,
I think he works for American Airlines.
Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 01:59 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think he works for American Airlines.

Ha ha - thank goodness I never took fido on AA. Although I think I would have been smart enough to not allow them to put him in the overhead compartment.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm
depends on company policies witch vary by country and mode of transportation
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What are the rules for traveling with pets?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 02:16:16