someone hacked into my AIM account!!

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 04:43 pm
ahhh!!

the password was changed. so i can't log on my aim account any more!

aim.com won't even provide help, they claim on their contact form that i might not get a reply at all.

can anyone help me? thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,303 • Replies: 14
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:21 pm
Whey you signed up you should have given them an e-mail address. Can't you ask that they mail your password there? Then you can change it again.
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:28 pm
no. i got this account so many years ago. i don't even remember if i needed to enter an email.

second, if he has hacked into my account, then he probably changed the email as well.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:31 pm
do you know the 'he'? if so, can you confront him?
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
i don't know that he. i am assuming. besides, i don't think that any women would be interested in doing such things.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:10 pm
Wow, you just insulted dagmaraka. Seeing as how she's an international woman of mystery, she's probably already hacked your A2K account and soon your ID will be posting all sorts of kinky stuff here.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:36 pm
nah, it doesn't insult me. i am not really dagmaraka. my name is vijay and i work for a software company in newark.
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:43 pm
aim sucks!
Step 3.
If your problem isn't listed above, or wasn't solved by upgrading your software, please click the "Submit a Report" button below to get started.
---------

ok, so i clicked on that. and i got this in the end of the submit form!!! they are just going in a loop!!!

i lost my buddy list, that is why i want to get it back. otherwise, i won't really care, i can just get another account. no problem.

---------------

Check this checkbox to indicate that you understand this is not a place to get support, and that you will not receive a reply to the information you entered above. You may not submit a bug report unless you check this box. If you need help solving a problem, please visit our FAQ page instead.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 09:27 am
Youngman, looks like you're beginnin' to see why they call it it "A-O-Hell" Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:09 pm
I think the M in AIM stands for "malware".
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 05:22 pm
May be just me - but seems to me I've noticed a striking representation of AOL on 'puters seriously infested with yuckware. I suspect there's more at work there than coincidence.
0 Replies

mrhags

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:21 pm
it was cracked not hacked....please get it right
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 02:42 pm
ok, it is cracked. now who can help me to get it back?
0 Replies

laker

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2005 07:56 am
Explanation of how AIM accounts are hijacked...
Folks, I had this happen to my account. It looks like what they do is they figured out a way to replicate the Forgot my password link that you would typically get when you ask for a reset... (the link is usually emailed to you but if they figure out how to replicate it, they can just go to the site...). Then they reset your password... and you're pretty much screwed... They then change your email, etc.. It's jacked. I had it happen to me, and I'm gonna make sure it becomes a raised issue...
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2005 09:57 am
so no one here knows how to get it back for me?
0 Replies