MyWay.com Portal competes with Yahoo BUT better!

cobalt

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 10:47 am
Just to let you all know, I have tried out having an account at the new MyWay.com portal. There was a story in the Technology section of the NYTimes this Monday about it.

I did check out all features - NO AD! NO FLASHING ADS! No banner ads, no ads in the "MyPage" (Like Yahoo's). No pop-ups. Leaner, meaner. I think that so many folks stopped in to check it out Monday and Tuesday that it is a little slower than expected.

I spent about 1 hour customizeing my free email account there and making it apply to MyPage, too. I am happy as can be about the email! Very efficient and much faster than Yahoo. Easier to go about your business in email since there are no ads that would slow up page loading.

I trimmed the MyPage to drop most news and 'features' so that I load very very fast. If you like to have a portal with "games", this one does - and the games even don't have ads! Play as long as you like, the site won't make you take a break, even it you lose all moisture from your eyeballs and suddenly you realize you have a horredous shoulder ache and crick in the neck....

Just a recommendation - we all will know in the long-run how it hold up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,997 • Replies: 10
No top replies

jjorge

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 11:48 am
bookmarking
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 12:28 pm
cobalt, I saw that article too, and definitely went "hmmmmmm..." I am thinking of joining if only to contribute to their becoming a raging success and dealing the whole pop-up industry a mortal blow. (I know, they gotta advertise, but none of these things seem to REPLACE anything else -- billboards PLUS radio ads PLUS television ads PLUS mailers PLUS pop-ups, ad nauseum...)
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 06:19 pm
sozobe - I am having a ball with MyWay.com! I told you that I had spent an hour making up my custom colors and adjusting my layout in email? I set the same for My Page and it all coordinates well. I am soooooo pleased to have a lean layout just the way I want AND to have it beuuuuuuteefull as well! Smiles, Very Happy

PS. MyWay games are similar if not exactly the same as on some yahoo,zapspot, msn, and other games... ONLY, no ads! Yeah! I can play till my fingers fall off and my eyelids freeze in place and my pupils no longer react to light....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 06:40 am
Cobalt- Thanks for the tip. I registered on "My Way", and it seems pretty comprehensive. The only problem is, I got stuck last night when I attempted to customize my web page. I felt like I was in a paint store, and couldn't make up my mind about the colors! Mr. Green
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 02:29 pm
Phoenix - would you like me to post to you the selections I made for the MyWay custom colors and theme? I am just thrilled with what I came up with. Has a light gray background like pale grid paper, blue-purple, blue, indigo and purple headings and text (natch!) and some use of white text on darker color bars. It took me an hour and lots of consulting with my cheat sources. I found out that some hex colors I can use by typing in, but some do not 'take'. So, there are even more options than shown in that niftly drop-down color palette. Isn't that drop-down palette cute?
0 Replies

DalTheJigsaw23

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 03:25 pm
aight sounds good i am going to try this out
it sounds great
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 06:49 pm
Phoenix, you recommended MyWay to littlek some time ago (one of the times her Hotmail sucked). I've been hooked on it ever since.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 07:39 pm
Thanks everybody, esp. cobalt - what a great find.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 07:42 pm
and the game selection is great!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2003 07:49 pm
ehhh I forgot I signed-up then oops - now reminded - silly me
0 Replies