Answered- How to send outlook mail to 2 places... thanks

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:26 pm
Hey, smart guys, is there anyway I can have my friend's outlook express automatically create a copy of all his mail at a specific location and forward it to his hotmail account so he can get it from anywhere on a wireless laptop? He'd like it to go to the normal office and be retrievable from anywhere. Thanks in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,102 • Replies: 14
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:47 pm
Edit the Outlook Express mail account to leave the mail on the server.

Then add a POP3 account to Hotmail.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 02:53 pm
Thanks... actually, do you know where that option is in Microsoft outlook... instead of outlook express? That's what's on the laptop... and that way he can avoid the hotmail altogether. Thanks DrewDad.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:11 pm
Tools > Email Accounts > View or change existing email accounts > Double Click the account > More Settings > Advanced tab > "Leave a copy of messages on the server"
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:21 pm
Thanks Craven. You guys rule.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:22 pm
Well, that still won't work if the mail server is behind a firewall at work, as it most likely is.

You might try the Tools-Rules settings and set it up to just forward a copy of everything that comes in to the Hotmail address.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:32 pm
HEY! There's Bill! Shocked

Where have you been??????

Missed you. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/206.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/eyelashes.gif
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:43 pm
Hi darling. I moved back to Wisconsin and have been very busy trying to get my stuff in order/catch up with friends and family. I was thinking about detouring to O-hi-O on the way. :wink: How have you been?

CJ- He says there is no firewallÂ… and I believe it since I'm currently on their wireless network without any trouble on my computer.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
MOVED?! I thought you were just visiting. You actually moved?

Congrats! (I think...)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 03:56 pm
Thanks Soz. I got tired of being so far away from so many important people. Gotta run.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 04:02 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Hi darling. I moved back to Wisconsin and have been very busy trying to get my stuff in order/catch up with friends and family. I was thinking about detouring to O-hi-O on the way. :wink: How have you been?

*Big smile* Anytime you wanna "detour" to O-hi-O .... you just let me know. :wink: My welcome mat is out.

I have been fine. Busy, also. My life is pretty much full of work - work - work! As we move into Spring - it gets even more hectic on the work front. As far as outside of work - not alot going on there right now. Although I did get my first tennis game of the year in. Played for 3 hours on Sunday and paid dearly for it the next day. Very Happy

Glad you're back.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:59 pm
3 hours Shocked Moving has got to be the best exercise I've had in years. I didn't talk about it here because by the time I figured out I really wanted to turn my visit into a move; I didn't have time to blab about it. What a pain. I must have threw out/donated 4 dumpsters worth of sh!t, and still wound up packing a Penske with a 25 foot box like a sardine can. Damn truck was governed at 70mph which is really dangerous because it's hard to stay awake going so slow for so long. One of these days I'll tell the interesting parts of the tale. Anyway, it's nice to see your smiling face and I don't mind telling you I'm touched you noticed my absence after just a couple days (I don't mind because I've been drinking wine since dinner :wink:).
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:22 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I don't mind telling you I'm touched you noticed my absence after just a couple days (I don't mind because I've been drinking wine since dinner :wink:).

<chuckles>

There's nothing quite like knowing that if a friend or loved one needs you - you are close by. I'm glad you are back in that loving environment. And just think how much closer you are to Lambeau Field now. :wink:

Can't wait to hear about the interesting parts of the tale!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:30 am
Don't take this the wrong way, O'Bill, but I noticed your absence also. Glad to hear you're doing well, and congratulations on the move. Although I thought you were contemplating a move to the south, not the north. .... :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:44 am
No wrong way to take that, dude. We should probably all meet at Lambeau Field on opening day!
0 Replies