Does anyone have any GOOD news?!

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 09:34 am
Good one, Roger.

I'm in my second year of graduate school and a couple of my cranky classmates have suddenly found themselves happily getting dates and enjoying them. Ths may sound trite, but when you are sharing a small office with a bunch of 20 somethings who fear they will never marry, this lightens mood considerably. The difference in their personalities goes from barely tolerable to downright pleasant. Hallelujah.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 09:40 am
It's 20 degrees today, and it feels like a heat wave after single digit temperatures. No snow has fallen in the past two days, and the driving on the streets has become manageable again.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 01:39 pm
Does someone making millions of dollars constitute good news ?

The phenomenal success of the controversial Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has led to a massive leap in profits for games publisher Take 2.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2807759.stm

well i guess it beats the hell out real crime
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:16 am
Two things -- First I have some small but good news. Two poems accepted. One will be on a webzine based in Florida, starting in April. The other accepted in a small, print magazine in Minnesota, not date set yet, so I hope I will eventually see it at some point. It wasn't a rejection though, and it was an older poem, so I was happy.

And now for something completely different -- Heard on the news about twin sisters separated at birth, both adopted and raised in the New York area, one on Long Island the other in a NY burrough, both attend the same university (where I also went undergrad). A mutual friend connected them. He was friendly with one of the sisters and saw the other on campus, and insisted they were twins. He had them meet, and it turns out they were born in Mexico and adopted when babies. One set of parents knew there were two girls and had tried to adopt them both, but were denied. Now DNA testing has confirmed it. So they found each other, I thought that was a nice story. And my mom was so excited to see my old school on tv!
: )
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:20 am
My very close friends had a gorgeous baby girl !!!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:37 am
Here's a link to an article about the reunited twins. Talk about good news!

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/03/nyregion/03TWIN.html
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 10:57 am
WOW!

"The Double Life of Veronique" comes to mind, too.

Amazing.
0 Replies

Eve

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 12:01 am
Sure I have good news - I just don't know where to start - or finish

The sun got up this morning and shone most of the day
The roses are blooming
I had two nice letters in the mailbox
The dinner didn't burn or end up half raw
Nobody in my family is sick
I managed half an hour in the hammock under a shade tree with a book
I am soon going to have a nice hot bubble bath
Nothing in the house broke down - not even, and especially the computer
I had enough to eat, clothes to wear, and a roof over my head
I had enough money to buy my favorite magazine
The lawnmower started first try
I picked all the veges for dinner from my own garden
The cat is rubbing around my feet and I think it loves me
Shall I go on?
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2003 05:18 am
Wonderful News!
The Deer Lady of Copco Lake is home again!
Article here

If THAT doesn't make you smile... ! Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:23:30