Does anyone have any GOOD news?!

Sugar

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:06 am
Mr. Rogers is dead, nightclub fires, shuttle disasters, Iraq, friends with job and health problems........

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've had enough with this whole awful month.

Has anyone had anything really good happen to them this month? New engagements, marriages, promotions, babies, clean bill of health? Anyone?

I've got nothing, so I'm hoping someone out there has a big fat positive to contribute.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,974 • Replies: 28
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:11 am
Sorry, Sugar, nothing springs to mind. And, as you note, Mr. Rogers' death doesn't help at all. I should have worn my cardigan today in his honor...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:18 am
Im going home and putting on my little white tennies myself.

No good news to relay...apologies.

OH WAIT--I have healthy little baby guppies..like 10 or 15 of them, and they are all of 5 days old..okay, so Mom died but..hey...its SOMETHING positive.

Oh yes, and I have new clothing...the powers that be fitted the whole production plant so, they offered all the rest of us five garments of choice...of coarse these garments are emblazoned with logo...however, its free clothes..Im not gonna whine too much. Okay, so they arent the most stylish either, they do however severely beat out the dang polyester uniform thing, and they add to the whole casual business look, which m enjoying more and more everyday.

does that help in any way shape or form?

Okay..only a few days left in the month..get over it..itll be done soon enough. Wink
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 11:36 am
quinn1, do you have baby snails too?

Good news from here - hmm, my folks are returning from the Southwest today and they had a lovely time, thank you.

Got a chance to read my book some more today, which I hadn't done in a while. It's an odd book, called Mauve: How one Man Invented a Color that Changed the World. Oy, so the title's a little hyperbolic, which is what made me want to buy it. :-D

More good news - last week, as I was walking home from the bus (I'd gone to Chinatown for lunch with some friends), I met a dog (and her person) walking along. The dog looked like the skinniest pug I had ever seen and I was told that she's a Pug-Jack Russell Terrier mix (sorry, didn't get the dog's name). She was very sweet and lovely and whined slightly when I departed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:15 pm
mauve just won't work for me, i have a totally beige personality.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:18 pm
No baby snails yet...still cookin the last batch. Lots of Love still going on as well...I wish he would put that thing away!

Mauve...I thought that was like Beige Wink
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 12:21 pm
I found out I don't owe tax - I'm getting a refund! It's not much but hey, I wasn't expecting it and so it will be spent on something absolutely frivolous!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 01:01 pm
Me too, Heeven, I mailed my tax return on Monday, and will be getting a nice big refund! Very Happy
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 02:43 pm
my oldest daughter age 5, is doing extremely well in kindergarten and has begun to read. best of all is that she loves it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 02:47 pm
My son is madly in love....again. Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2003 02:47 pm
My boss stayed home with the flu today. Now, if he'll just keep it to himself. . . .
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 06:01 am
REALLY, SERIOUSLY good news? Hmmmm ...
Thinking, thinking .. Rolling Eyes Confused
I'll be back if I think of something.
Sorry.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 06:18 am
In five weeks I will be in Florida with Rae, Misti, BigDice, Urs, Diane, MapleLeafe, and Rober.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 07:48 am
Friends of mine, who've been trying for years, just had a healthy baby girl. Very Happy
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 07:54 am
Got our rental-voucher yesterday, now we have a car waiting in Florida!
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:14 am
Got a car and its insured. . . . . and I've almost gotten my cat to stop mewing all night long!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:38 am
It is Saturday!!!!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:46 am
Had that problem with my maturing tom, midnight. He has since been neutered. No more caterwallering.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:47 am
Is that a record for protracted labor, macsm?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 08:47 am
lol, roger!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Does anyone have any GOOD news?!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:04:21