Halls Creek.

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:57 am
A very close member of my family and her fella have been offered work in Halls Creek, Kimberley, Western Australia.
They're thinking of going there for a year, good money offered and all expenses paid etc.

I just don't know if i like the look of the place.

Anybody know the place, anybody live there?. Opinions please.

View best answer, chosen by eurocelticyankee
cherrie
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 01:04 am
@eurocelticyankee,
I don't live there and haven't been there, and don't know that I would want to go, especially for a year. It's incredibly isolated and very hot, with temps in the 40's in the summer and not dropping much below 30 in the winter months. I presume they've googled it and know all the facts and figures and have some idea of what they would be walking into.
Will they be contracted to stay for the year, or is that just how long they're thinking of going for? I would be making sure I had enough money set aside so I could leave if it all got too much.
Having said that, it is a beautiful part of Australia and would probably be an amazing experience for them.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 01:09 am
How about that? Two of the MIAs on the same thread.
cherrie

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 02:19 am
@roger,
Hi roger, I've been back for a while but have been sticking mainly to the crossword questions.
roger

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 02:38 am
@cherrie,
Oh. That's a place I never go. I just don't like the dumb feeling I always come away with.
cherrie

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2018 03:29 am
@roger,
Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Halls Creek.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:43:41