need song information about a song named "Bill" (I think)

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 03:47 pm
In the 90's a song that I think was titled "Bill" was being played on the radio (I assume this was a new release-but don't know for sure). I cannot remember any lyrics, but I remember what the song was about. It was an R&B type song - sung by a woman. She sings about her husband always hanging out with his friend Bill and as the song goes on she finds out that Bill and her husband are lovers. I owned the tape, but it is long gone and cannot remember the singer's name or anything. I have done title searches and have come up empty. I am desperately trying to find this song because I am making a CD for my best friend's birthday (March 22nd) & this particular song is a necessity to complete the CD. I would greatly appreciate ANY help I receive.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 515 • Replies: 2
No top replies

mac11

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:59 pm
Hi roachsmc - welcome to a2k.

Do you remember any lyrics at all? Even a phrase or two words together would probably be enough to find it if it's on web somewhere.
0 Replies

roachsmc

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 08:23 am
"Bill" song
Hi! Thanks for the reply

I have tried & tried to remember at least a line of the song & can't. I know at one point in the song she groans out "Bill" three times in a pleading way not to take her man - but the lyrics "Bill, Bill, Bill" - are not helpful at all. I have done several searches on the title & lots of stuff comes up with the title "Bill" or with the word "Bill" or "Billy" in it - I have gone through hundreds of them, but none of them are the right one - that's when I started doubting the actual title name - but it keeps coming back to me that the title was "Bill". I have talked to another friend of mine that remembers the song, but he can't come up with a line either - he's like me, he remembers what the song was about. The song was played on the radio on a few different type stations, but it wasn't an overly popular song that a lot of people would remember. I was just hoping against hope that posting a question might jog someone's memory. Again, any help anyone could give me might bring me a little closer.
0 Replies