Shooting in Toronto July 22, 2018

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 09:59 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/07/22/americas/toronto-restaurant-shooting/index

Multiple people were shot outside of a Toronto, Canada, restaurant around 10 p.m. Sunday, Toronto police Sgt. Glenn Russell tells CNN.

The victims have been sent to trauma centers throughout the city, Russell says.

Several people were shot, police said.
Eight people have been transported to various hospitals -- six to trauma hospitals, one to a pediatric trauma center and one to a local hospital, Toronto Paramedic Services told CNN partner CTV. Two more people were to be transported from the scene to a local hospital -- making it a total of 10 patients so far, the Canadian station reported.

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:02 pm
A few more details from Reuters.
—————————

Nine people have been injured after a shooting in Toronto's Riverdale neighborhood Sunday evening.

Toronto Police responded to the shooting near Danforth and Logan avenues around 10 pm local time.

Police say nine people, including a young girl, where shot after a gunman opened fire. Their conditions are not yet known, police said.

The shooter has been confirmed dead.

A reporter from Canada's Global TV wrote on Twitter that victims were "spread across many blocks."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 10:30 pm
Was browsing Twitter and noticed a bystander’s tweet from the shooting said that Toronto’s gun violence was getting crazy. I hadn’t heard anything about an increase in Toronto’s gun violence (Wasn’t even sure they could have guns)

Up 167% this year. ?

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/05/31/gun-violence-downtown-toronto-increase/

There’s been a dramatic increase in gun violence in the downtown core in 2018 with the number of shootings up 167 per cent this year compared to the same time last year.

So far this year there have been 24 shootings within the area covered by Toronto’s two downtown police divisions, 51 Division and 52 Division. The most recent gun violence claimed the life of a man after he was shot in Yonge-Dundas Square Wednesday night.

In the first five months of 2017, there were nine shootings in the area covered by 51 and 52 divisions. Using data from Toronto police, CityNews has created graphs illustrating the upward trend in gun violence in recent years.

———————

More at the link.
Below viewing threshold (view)
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2018 11:01 pm
CBC live updates:
http://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/live-blog/toronto-mass-shooting
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:12 am
There is an ambulance "barn" about a half a block north of the Danforth. We began hearing sirens from that and arriving police units shortly after 10 pm. As of the 3 am news on CBC, no motive has been attributed to the shooter, who may have shot himself shortly afterward. There is also a report of gunfire exchanged with the police.

You can read CBC's story on this by clicking here.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:13 am
@Setanta,
I'm glad you guys are OK.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:29 am
@Setanta,
That's terrible and frightening....to call it unsettling is an understatement. I keep hoping every shooting will be the last shooting. Less than a month ago, a man walked into the news room of our local paper and killed 5 people. That building is so close to us I could throw a rock (if I was any good at throwing rocks) Our neighborhood locked up quickly, neighbors were rushing kids into the houses and yelling at people working in their yards to get inside and lock the doors. Helicopters buzzed around for at least 5 hours, until the building could be secured and to make sure there were no other shooters.
I'm sorry to learn that Toronto has had this happen. I hope the wounded recover quickly and I wish no other community suffer such a tragedy.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:55 am
We are one and a half long blocks north of the Danforth, and a good deal to the east of Greek Town. (The street signs there are, literally, in Greek, with little English subtitles.) What was so bizarre is that that part of the Danforth is almost exclusively a restaurant district, with some upscale shops that operate in the daytime. Even in what some of the more lurid newspaper people have been calling "the summer of the gun," people are shocked because of where it happened.

If I learn more, with any certainty, I'll post it here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:03 am
One killed, thirteen wounded, and the shooter is dead, too. The police are still saying that shots were exchanged, but won't say if they shot him, or he shot himself. One woman looked out her apartment window at the sound of gunfire, and saw a man dressed all in black, walking down the Danforth shooting randomly into the busy street. That's from the latests hourly news.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 08:20 pm
Hey where is everyone? The man who shot those people was a Muslim. Of course no one knows the motive. Why lie to yourselves, why let the government lie to you?

I have already heard he had mental problems. Why and how would his family allow him to own a gun? And if he was that bad why didn't he receive help at the urging of his family?

You will hear every excuse to say it is not terror. It is, and there will be more.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 08:31 pm
Quote:
Toronto ‘Shocked’ by Shooting That Left 2 Dead and 13 Injured

From the NYT. It does not mention the shooters name. Why is that? Do not tell me they did not know. That is information Americans need to know.

Islam needs to explain itself but it will not because it cannot. And that is what people need to realize.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/world/canada/toronto-shooting-greektown.html
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 09:50 pm
Quote:
None Dare Call it Terrorism; All Dare Call for Gun Control

Quote:
Considering Hussain walked around unimpeded, randomly firing his handgun into crowds and restaurants for at least several minutes before the police showed up, wounding multiple people and murdering two, and not a single person was able to intervene.

And Tory has the unmitigated gall to question why anyone would need a tool of self defense?

Jackass.

http://victorygirlsblog.com/none-dare-call-it-terrorism-all-dare-call-for-gun-control-video/
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 07:58 am
CSIS claims responsibility for Toronto attack
djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 07:59 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

CSIS claims responsibility for Toronto attack

No wait, it might have been ISIS
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 02:51 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
No wait, it might have been ISIS

Islam is responsible for ISIS. Islam is responsible for that attack.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 02:54 pm
@coldjoint,
Well, it’s heartwarming to read your concern for the victims.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 03:17 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Well, it’s heartwarming to read your concern for the victims.

My concern is about a religion the teaches hate to 1/4 of the world's population.. Those victims are proof of that. There is nothing I can do for the dead.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 03:33 pm
@coldjoint,
lotsa hate in your heart and you justify it by engaging in making loud noises that I think are just you declaiming Islam. Is this merely your ploy to try to avert our eyes from our own problem in killing innocent people in large amounts where most of the killers were NOT muslims???
coldjoint

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2018 05:11 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
lotsa hate in your heart

I do not want to waste my time explaining where the hate is when I discuss Islam. Read what is says and stay out of what you know nothing about.
Quote:
where most of the killers were NOT muslims??

Where in the world would that be? Name one armed conflict going on now without Muslims involved.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shooting in Toronto July 22, 2018
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:15:03