What is this guy motive?

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 05:49 am
There is this one guy who liked me. However, we have a colleague and he happened to be a good friend of the guy that likes me. Let call the colleague "Z".

The guy told Z that he likes me and after a few months, I got to know about it through other parties. Both of us are shy and thus, things didn't worked out between us.

The guy that liked me resigned and move on to other companies. I did heard that he resigned due to heartbroken but other colleagues found out that it was a misunderstanding as the guy was overthinking. However, Z continued to talk to other colleagues about us. I have also caught him staring at me a few times and I realised that he always observe my moves eg. the way i work, what im doing etc. He uses all this to gossip about the guy and myself to the whole office when it was obvious that we did not end up in a relationship and we played down the attraction most of the time. Yes, Z knows that despite the guy resigned, he has yet to get over me.

After the guy resgined, he talk about us even more to other colleagues. He will always tell other colleagues, eg i was sitting in a certain position and he would tell other colleagues "oh thats the reason why the guy likes her", he would also go around telling people what happened between the both of us, he would also say if she change to a certain style, she's v pretty, take not of what work im doing, my personalities, how fast im able to clear my work etc.The guy and me had some conversation when he left and as a friend, he shared with Z. Z told the whole office the conversation and i got to know about it and was unhappy since its something personal. However, even when he know I already knew about it, he continued to talk to other colleagues about the both of us and it went on for at least half a year as I resigned after that.Do you need to observe and tell to colleagues all this?

My question is why did the guy kept on looking at me and continue to gossip or talk about the guy and me when even the guy and myself are no longer in touch. Why dont he just get over it and just stop talking about it?

Hope that there is someone out there who is able to explain on why "Z" acting this way when it has got nothing to do with him?

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:23 am
@overtherainbows987,
He does it because he's a nasty piece of work.

He has no claims on you. Tell him to cut it out. Gossip and whisper games are for children.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 06:41 am
@overtherainbows987,
Sounds like both of the guys are gossips. Z was very wrong to spread that gossip at work.

It's not appropriate for anyone to spread gossip at work. It's bad enough outside of work but at work - it's awful.

I hope you are in a better workplace now. Stay away from both of those guys in the future.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 07:13 am
“Z” is a gossip and you and your life seem to be his topic this year.

Tell him to knock it off and change his subject matter of his office gossip. If you can’t say this to his face, send him a handwritten note.

It’s too bad that you and the other fella were not able to get together and see if there was something to your relationship. Do you regret this?

After this, be more assertive and speak up. You could have developed a new relationship, but instead, sat back.

Perhaps this is why “Z” keeps using you as his gossip topic - he knows you will not speak up about it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is this guy motive?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:08:27