Do I need to apologize for my apology?

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:40 am
Apparently, yesterday I made the mistake here of revealing what I speculated to be the number of posts required to access the private messanging feature of this board, as the 2 posts were deleted. I did not know that this was not allowed. I would not have done this if the information had been available to me.

Anyways, this morning when I realized that those posts were deleted, I wrote an apology and I had asked a question about this, and also made a suggestion. Now, that post, too, has been deleted. I'm sorry, but I don't understand why that was done. Could a moderator, or anyone for heaven's sake, make an explanation instead of just deleting my posts? I can't see how my last post was offensive in any way. There's a lot more risque chat going on here, and they don't get deleted!

So, is this post going to get deleted? If so, I might as well leave this board now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 949 • Replies: 19
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:52 am
The moderators are probably the only ones who understand why your apology would have been deleted, Reyn. I saw what you posted. Seemed quite cordial to me, but I'm not a PTB.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
If you have a question about moderating, usually the best way to get it answered is to click the "Help" button at the bottom of your screen.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:10 am
Reyn, I had a post with the word 'shag' in it deleted...

...is it still here?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:31 am
Apparently so.....at least as of 9:24am PST! Laughing

It just seems like the mods are just a mite quick on the delete button. I've been a mod myself before, and I found a better way to handle it was to delete the offending bits and offer an explanation as to why it was done. By the way, that's NOT a criticism, so please don't delete this post!

The ironic part about this is that I don't intend to use the private messanging feature on this board, as I really don't know anyone well enough yet. Only as a reply if someone was, for whatever reason, to write me.

As I had mentioned in my last deleted post, I think a better way to handle PM's is to let people use it right away and those who abuse it it get the priviledge revoked permanently. Why punish everybody for the very few that would not use it as intended?

Beth, what does "PTB" mean?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 11:33 am
Reyn, have you seen this? Might answer a lot of your questions.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30513
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 12:22 pm
Hmmmm....all I can say is: don't take it personal. The mods do a good job on this forum. IMO
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 12:30 pm
panzade wrote:
Hmmmm....all I can say is: don't take it personal. The mods do a good job on this forum. IMO

I only can agree.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 12:35 pm
sozobe wrote:

Thank you for that.

I have re-read the Terms of Service as well. It seems to me that under Section III Posting, a lot of questionable posts here have been let slide that some action should have been taken. It was just a bit of a surprise that my last post was deleted. Even Beth, who read it before it was deleted, said it was cordial.

As a final word to this whole PM thing, in my opinion, and I hope I will be allowed to express it, I think advertising how many posts it takes to access this feature is a good thing, not bad. After all, someone who comes to this board with the idea of spamming is not going to take the time to post the number that it takes to use it. They'll just move on to another board where they can use it. In other words, it will actually discourage this sort of behaviour.

I'm done now....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:01 pm
Maybe it was something I said. I did post on the topic
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:26 pm
Ah, so you were the rat! :wink: Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:33 pm
Reyn wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Thank you for that.

I have re-read the Terms of Service as well. It seems to me that under Section III Posting, a lot of questionable posts here have been let slide that some action should have been taken. It was just a bit of a surprise that my last post was deleted. Even Beth, who read it before it was deleted, said it was cordial.

As a final word to this whole PM thing, in my opinion, and I hope I will be allowed to express it, I think advertising how many posts it takes to access this feature is a good thing, not bad. After all, someone who comes to this board with the idea of spamming is not going to take the time to post the number that it takes to use it. They'll just move on to another board where they can use it. In other words, it will actually discourage this sort of behaviour.

I'm done now....

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1206660#1206660
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 01:41 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
panzade wrote:

I only can agree.

Me too! Although I don't know who the mods are, frictions are kept
to a minimum here at a2k. Sometimes it can give you diabetis with
all the sweet talk, nevertheless, it is the prefered method of
communication by all.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 02:10 pm

Thank you for that, Walter. It seems that my ability to access the PM feature was premature, not that I intend to use it anyways.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 02:13 pm
Just to change the subject, seeing that it's my thread anyways, Jane, I love your new picture in your avatar space. It shows your features off much better than your old one. Very nice! I must get around to doing that....one of these days! Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 02:57 pm
Thank you Reyn Smile
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:31 pm
Ummm.... Jane?. Would you mind mopping up that puddle of drool there? Someone could slip and fall.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:42 pm
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schuechtern/icon_blue.gif
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
<I nearly had posted here something different in German - but that panzade might get it, too>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:48 pm
I shall take it out again....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I need to apologize for my apology?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:39:04