I'm going to slip and bust my ass one of these days!!!

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:34 pm
Man, I almost killed myself tonight in this f---ing snow. At least four or five times while walking the two blocks to get home, I swear, my feet just went OUT from under me, but right at the last possible second I caught myself before I went flying ass over tea kettle.

Hmmm...ass over tea kettle...is that a saying?

Last winter I fell one day on the way out to do laundry...holy **** it hurt so much. I was going down the stairs in my building, and I slipped on a puddle--my ass came down HARD on that f*cking step. **** that hurt. I had to sit there on the stairs and recover for a couple minutes it hurt so bad.

I think that might be the way I'm going to die one day. I'll just f*cking slip in the snow and my head will crack open on the pavement and my brains will ooze out the back of my head like egg yolk. F*cking winter.

Damn! I never used to be all "slippy" like this in the snow. Not until I moved to New York. Is it all this damn cement? What gives? I don't get it. Do I need to get some special shoes now? Am I becoming uncoordinated?

Or is New York just a very very slippery place?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,023 • Replies: 45
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:39 pm
I dunno, I slip here and there, but I rarely come close to falling. maybe it's you. Perhaps some better shoes? What kind do you wear?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:39 pm
You need to put some chains on your shoes.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:41 pm
Shoes, man. I have a pair of shoes like that, I can barely walk in.

I just looked out the window...covered in snow, and I have a 10am appt. an hour away(in good weather w/o traffic), maybe have to cancel, dammit.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 10:41 pm
Kicky, you are so cute and if I were thirty years younger, but I digress..having just read part of your other thread---have you finally had any good sex???? Maybe your clumsiness is do to being so distracted by your horniness. Hmm, that sounds like I was addressing a pope or some kind of royalty, "Pardon me, your horniness."
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:38 am
Diane wrote:
Kicky, you are so cute and if I were thirty years younger, but I digress..having just read part of your other thread---have you finally had any good sex???? Maybe your clumsiness is do to being so distracted by your horniness. Hmm, that sounds like I was addressing a pope or some kind of royalty, "Pardon me, your horniness."

Can I point out that in no way does this actually aid Kicky in walking down the street and chewing gum at the same time (the real cause of his 'problem'). It will, however, cause him to RUN down the street to book a ticket to Diane's hometown. That could be fatal.........
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:42 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Shoes, man. I have a pair of shoes like that, I can barely walk in.

Me too SlapDog....... Oh, I am SO sorry that it's because I have been wearing these shoes to the pub and drinking to excess because of the brilliant hot, sunny weather here in Sydney, Australia today!!!

Twisted Evil Razz Twisted Evil

...like NOT!!
0 Replies

Tenoch

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 01:53 am
Whatever you do don't drink and walk home. I've twisted ankles and stuff while walking drunk. No weather related injuries though. and sometimes I wake up after getting drunk with fresh bruises I don't remember feeling the day before.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:20 am
Yeah, but when you're drunk, it's actually kinda funny and doesn't hurt as much or not at all, depending on how drunk you are.

Kicky
Get some good winter shoes. Hey, I should invent shoe studs like the ones I have on my tires. I could make millions :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:22 am
or you could wear cleats ;-)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:42 am
its NY.
the last time i slipped on ice was the early 90's in mineola, NY.
haven't done the tea-kettle thing since we moved to new england, and there's been plenty of slippable ice to choose from...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:54 am
How abt putting chewing gum at the soles of yr shoes Twisted Evil

Seriously man, I know the feeling. Here in London we rarely get snow, but a lot of rain. And since I take the public transport to work, I have had very many instances where I have come close to making an ungracious landing on my pert bum..

Specially when I wear shoes with leather soles.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 05:55 am
Quote:
Damn! I never used to be all "slippy" like this in the snow. Not until I moved to New York. Is it all this damn cement? What gives? I don't get it. Do I need to get some special shoes now? Am I becoming uncoordinated?

Kicky- You were younger before you moved to New York. There is a scientific explanation. It all has to do with changes in a person's center of gravity! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:34 am
Aah, some interesting theories here. But I think it's just that New York is a very slippery place.

As for my shoes, I don't know what the hell kind of shoes I wear...the cheapest ones that I can find at Payless? Okay, the last pair I bought was not a cheap-o Payless pair, but I do like the cheap shoes. The shoes I was wearing yesterday in this crap are the ones that I had re-soled a couple years ago. It must be the leather soles combined with the slippery nature of Manhattan.

I'm NOT getting old and uncoordinated!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:36 am
Okay, I'm going out in the snow right now. If I don't make it back, I want you all to know I love you.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:47 am
Leather soles? Leather soles, in snow? Geez, no wonder!

Get something rubber, with traction.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:49 am
Not making a comment as to fashion, but something roughly like this:

http://www.kennethcole.com/img/prod/KC_KM25585_blk_det_spr05.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:51 am
Diane is right Kicky,
lack of sex makes you loose your balance. You have too much fluid in the base of your torso , it causes you to loose your center of gravity.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 09:52 am
I bit it the other day Kicky, on our porch. Tripped on the step, caught myself as I was falling, stepped on a newspaper in a damn plastic bag they had thrown on the porch, and went down. BAM! I had my arms full so there was no way to catch myself with my hands. Fell smack on my elbow. Scratched it all up and bruised it. Owie.

Don't feel bad. I almost fall a lot. I think it's becasue I am oblivious to the world sometimes.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 10:06 am
I don't think kicky has "too much fluid in the base of his torso", shewolf. :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I'm going to slip and bust my ass one of these days!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:25:12