Antique/Collectors...have no clue?

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 08:31 pm
I have 3 sets of books...that I know very little about. I would love to find what they are worth.

They were put out by the Grolier Society...I'm guessing one set maybe early 20's... the other maybe early 30's.

I have the entire set of Grolier Encyclopedias. Excellent condition. Whats so neat about this set is there are only 10 books all together forming the entired group. Thats A-Z...with STR-Z making up the last book. We've come along way since then..lol

The front cover reads like this:

COPYRIGHT 1949 BY THE GROLIER SOCIETY INC.

GROLIER ENCYCLOPEDIA
Copyright, 1944,1945,1946,1947,1949 by the Grolier Society Inc.

DOUBLEDAY'S ENCYCLOPEDIA
Copyright, 1943 by the Grolier Society Inc.

Copyright, 1931, and so on till 1941
by the Doubleday, Doran & Company, Inc.

Then there is the Book of Knowledge

10 books to the first color...numbered 1- 10

The earliers copyright on this book is 1922.

Then the books change outsides..and as I look at, I find that its an annual.....and numbered by the year. Starting with 1951 and I have up till 1973.

They belonged to my grandparents...the thing I have always wondered about besides thier worth, is there is a bookcase, that they were in, when they were in my grandparents home, they books, are still in that case...its beautiful oak, and still in excellent condition. I wondered if it were a part of the purchase or not?

Anyone know anything about books? Or where I can go to find out? Or has anyone seen a set like I'm talking about? I'd be interested in knowing...

Thanks......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,366 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:19 am
Old books
Old books do not usually fetch a very good price. There's a set of DoubleDay's published in 1932 on ebay with a Buy it Now price of $75.00.

source
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 08:09 pm
Thats Stinks..ha, but THank you Debra.
0 Replies