Good things that are really cheap

chai2

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:52 am
Cilantro 39 cents

http://hypothyroidchef.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Depositphotos_58848057_s-2015-e1457557778704.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 651 • Replies: 17
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2018 10:54 am
@chai2,
Dollar store reading glasses

https://www.dollartree.com/assets/product_images_2016/styles/alternate_large/215658.jpg
Ponderer

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2018 08:36 pm
@chai2,
I got a dozen ice cream sandwiches at Kroger for $2.29
Better than that, I paid about $2.97 for a pewter sugar bowl (with lid) at a thrift
store. I got home and found one just like it online for $40. Score! They have great prices on antique glass too. ( vases, etc)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 09:04 am
Cabbage, all types

https://www.driftlessorganics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cabbage5varieties.jpg
chai2

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 09:08 am
@chai2,
Library apps for ebooks and audio.

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ketr/files/201804/commerce_public_library_-_libby.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 10:03 am
@chai2,
NYC tap water: free.
chai2

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2018 10:09 am
@tsarstepan,
Yeah, I should amend this to free as well as cheap.

Public pools
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 07:50 am
In the free category - Parks, playgrounds, forest, hiking trails, beaches, lakes - basically most of our beautiful outdoors. Although I have to amend some you do need to pay an admission fee - but many our free to use.

Free museum nights/days - some offer a free night once a month.

Libraries! Bonus many have free passes to museums and other forms of entertainment with the use of your free library card. Not just books - ebooks, movies, games...many libraries have presentations on a variety of topics - went to one with owls, animals, of course writers, etc. Children's programs, some have homework help.

And my cheap favorite - the one thing you can use to solve almost anything --- Duct Tape.
livinglava

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 08:32 am
@Linkat,
And you don't have to go anywhere to hike or take a bike ride. Walking or biking for shopping or other errands combines productivity with recreational exercise. You can also just go out and walk/bike purely for recreation, but it feels good when you get something done by foot or bike.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 09:22 am
The following is a free thing that came with paid for item.

The perfect plastic spoon you get with your take away from Pei Wei’s.

The bowl of the spoon is the absolute perfect size and shape for loose leaf tea. It’s round and deep and holds just the right amount of tea leaves.

It gives me a shot of joy every time I use it.
jespah

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:51 am
@chai2,
I have a scoop I got in a coffee cup umpty million years ago and it's the perfect scoop for textured vegetable protein. Three scoops and I'm golden.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:43 pm
All the low price and free books available for a Kindle
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

All the low price and free books available for a Kindle

#NOPE!
Her Dinosaur Lover. Only for $3.
https://i.imgur.com/ncHglPn.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 02:30 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

I have a scoop I got in a coffee cup umpty million years ago and it's the perfect scoop for textured vegetable protein. Three scoops and I'm golden.

oof....long ago when I was working, I had a Pei Wei spoon at work, to use for tea there.
My boss threw it out, and the trash had gone out already. When I was searching for it, she couldn't understand what the big deal was. Can you believe it? Surprised

I actually did let her know I was put off, as it wasn't even with the other spoons. I kept it separate in a cupboard on top of the cannister that held my tea. The spoon wasn't big enough to fit inside. It's like she had to go out of the way to pick it up and toss it.

Bitch also threw out some bottled salad dressing of mine at a later date. The bottle was half full. I did rescue it from the trash. I confronted her, asking why she thought it was ok to throw people stuff out without asking them. She said "oh, it was old." I said "It was NOT! I bought it 3 weeks ago, and I've never known salad dressing to go bad."

You can tell, it really pissed me off. Leave my **** alone. Especially my Pei Wei Spoons and other good cheap/free stuff.

chai2

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 02:56 pm
@chai2,
ok, back on track....

Packing material like bubble wrap that comes with your orders.

Always reuse it when I'm shipping a sale.

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 05:27 pm
@chai2,
We saved a bunch of those for when my folks moved a few years ago.

I'm big on canisters and jars and baskets, so if I can reuse something, I will. I currently have paper clips in a jar that used to hold face cream and USB sticks in an old spice jar (cinnamon).
chai2

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2018 05:50 pm
@jespah,
I like to serve juice in a little jelly jar.

Just do.
0 Replies

Ploxicle

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 12:02 am
@chai2,
Don't leave anything of value to you at work. I know I don't.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Good things that are really cheap
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:32:50