sibelius software. need advice.

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:44 pm
I've recently bought a notation program called sibelius, wich allows me to write scores in an infinitely more convenient manner than the old pen and paper.

The program uses the microsoft GS synthesizer, and the sounds are really crappy. I need another device, a better one, and I wondered if someone here might be able to recomend something?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 719 • Replies: 10
No top replies

husker

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:46 pm
check with cdk (Craven) - he bought a keyboard what hooks into his laptop.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:48 pm
I don't need a keyboard. I have a digital piano I use as a midi device. I need better synth software. But I'll ask him anyway. Thanks.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:51 pm
here it is :

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41242&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:55 pm
Thanks again, but that is a program for learning to play the piano. I learned it the old fashioned way. A teacher and lots of sweat. Smile
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:59 pm
I know what you're talking about, but I can't think of any programs off hand. Search the net, most programs have trial versions.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 04:03 pm
I've tried. There's an ocean of them. I was hoping to borrow someone's experience...
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2005 11:33 pm
If you're referring to the poor quality of playback through the program, that's only because it's a MIDI file, and not many synth programs you'll find will be much better, unfortunately. I have Finale 2004, it's nice, much like Sibelius, and it uses a similar obnoxious MIDI synth sound.

If you're referring to something else, sorry haha
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:45 am
No, that's probably what I'm talking about. But it is possible to save the projects as midi files and export them to other programs, where you can change the sounds.
0 Replies

Francisco DAnconia

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 02:03 pm
Yes-at least with Finale, but the programs are very similar. I expect that either when you save you can change the filetype of the save to MIDI. If that's not possible, there's probably an 'export' button in the File menu. Try exporting it as a MIDI.
I'm not too familiar with Sibelius, but that might work.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
It still uses midi sounds even though its not a midi file. The only way to get more sounds is to upgrade your soundcard to accept other types of midi sounds. Midi is the only way to make those type of sounds.
0 Replies