Printing from IE

Slen

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 03:11 pm
Can any one tell me an easy way to print the whole web page on an A4 sheet with IE.
I have tried printing them landscape,fit to page, configuring the printer with the wrong size paper, sometimes these work, sometimes not.
I found a utility on the web PrintPunk but I am loathe to pay for something that IE should be able to do itself!
So At the moment I cut and paste to my Word Processor, then print....

Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 4
No top replies

subhasis

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 03:45 am
Keep the entire HTML content within a table of width 670 and then try to print the HTML.

Cheers
Subhasis Chandra
0 Replies

Slen

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 02:20 am
Thanks
That sounds good
But how do I do that if I want to print an existing internet page?
Do I need to alter the the source code of the page after saving....
or is there some hidden display/print setting which would allow me to do this?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 02:56 am
If the web pages are too big to print on A4 paper, you could install a PDF utility such as PDF995 (costs $9.95) or PrimoPDF (FREE) which add a simulated printer to your system. In the Printing Preferences section of the PDF printer, set the paper dimensions to a large size, such as A3 or tabloid. Doing this when there is no print job in progress lets you make this the default for all future jobs.

You will also have a file that you can choose to keep or delete after your printing process.

To print a Web page, send it to the PDFprinter. This creates a PDF file, which you can then print from Adobe Acrobat Reader. When printing from Acrobat, be sure to check the box labeled Shrink oversized pages to paper size. Acrobat will reduce the Web page to fit your printer's paper size automatically.

These programs can be found on the net.
0 Replies

Slen

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:27 am
Thanks
That sounds a bit easier
I had tried setting the paper size too large and then reducing the % print size on my physical printer, but I achieved variable results, and I could never remember the settings when I came to do it again!!!
Thanks for your suggestion.
0 Replies