Metal fans

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 04:34 am
I haven't seen a metal music Post here and I just wanted to know if there're any fans or if anyone likes Black metal, death metal, doom metal, thrash metal or gothic metal?
What are your favourite bands if any of you has one
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 971 • Replies: 13
No top replies

smog

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:00 am
I used to be in metal band, maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but we were really bad, and we weren't as cool as we hoped we'd be. Back then, I rocked the Deftones a lot, but then they lost their metal edge with their 3rd album, so I didn't even bother with it. Now I'm not even sure if I listen to any real metal anymore, although I still get out my old Snot album sometimes.
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:40 am
I'm still a deftones fan... and worship occasionally at the temple of thursday. I'm not into metal so much anymore, but my ex was a bass player in a bleedin gd metal band and loved metal in general so he altered my music taste a bit to include metal
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:53 am
What do you think about this metal fans : http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/radiator-fans-front-2.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 10:41 am
We've had metal threads before.... it seems that the older crowd holds a few early metal fans (myself included) and the younger crowd holds a few newer metal fans. We lost a few metal fans for various reasons.

My favorite bands of the genre are from back in the 70s and 80s. Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden were my favorites then and I still love to listen to Black Sabbath. I liked early Motley Crue and the first Guns and Roses album too. But as metal progressed the melody started being lost in the faster and faster machine-gunning guitar.

To me the original metal was like really hard blues music. The new stuff doesn't even feel like metal to me, but a whole new genre.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 11:25 am
I was at the Dimebag benefit show on Wed, Anthrax, Disturbed, Soil and Drowing Pool were there along with Vinnie Paul on the drums for a few songs.
I still like metal but don't get into it as much as I used to. Back in the day I listened to alot of Slayer, Deicide, Cannible Corpse, Death, Obituary, and Dismember to name a few.

Still listen to it when the mood strikes me but I haven't bought anything really heavy in a while.
(I still have Spiritual Healing at the ready in my car Twisted Evil )
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 11:51 pm
ohh man, I feel sorry about Dimebag. The band is gonna die for a while 'til they come back.....if they eventually do.
I last saw them in OZZ FEST. I don't know if anyone here went last Summer. It was crazy...it ran from 8:00am 'til midnight
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 08:16 am
>ditto< on sublimes' music choices.
And add Testament, Morbid Angel, Sepultura .. and a few others to the list.
Metal is VERY diffrent today and I think most of it really bites the big one. I loved it when it was all about the speed and not really understanding a single word the singer was saying. BUT.. there was alot of crap bands put out too ( Overkill anyone? )
Today it seems that there are fewer and fewer actual metal bands around . The quality of the music is 10xs better then it was late80-s early 90-s, but the bands are few and far between .
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 05:01 pm
I'm more of a Doom metal fan. Love November's Doom, MY Dying Bride, Agaloch and others.

Best metal band though iisss....

◄OPETH► \m/
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:55 am
YES, Morbid Angel is good as well. Dope is another cool band. They preform about 3 weeks ago in Columbus, Ohio
I think Cannibal Corpse might preform again, but I'm not sure where.
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 10:57 pm
Motörhead and Judas Priest is more like 80's 90's metal.....metal heads still listen to it, but not as much. Judas Priest was no where to be seen 'til Ozz Fest 05.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 11:19 pm
I saw Judas Priest in the 80s. They just got back together?
0 Replies

Duke of Lancaster

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 01:56 am
littlek wrote:
I saw Judas Priest in the 80s. They just got back together?

Yea, they came back last year and performed in Ozz Fest here in the US. But they first came out in England, where they played in a concert. I also believe they played in Canada. I'm not sure where.
Some fans, however, have stopped listening to them after Helford announced that he was a fag.
0 Replies

totos571

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:02 am
Francis wrote:
What do you think about this metal fans : http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/radiator-fans-front-2.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Iron Maiden is my fav band, other bands I like:Sabath ,dream theater ,priest, quensryche
no black,death or thrash for me Confused
0 Replies