How to stop nausea after wisdom teeth extraction

Linkat

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 06:01 am
My daughter had her wisdom teeth out. The pain was getting really bad so she took the prescribed pain medicine rather than just the OTC kind. She gets upset stomachs easiky. Now she has stomach aches and her gums hurt.

Any thoughts to stop the stomach pain without medicine?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 484 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 06:02 am
@Linkat,
She does not like tea.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 06:54 am
@Linkat,

https://www.healthline.com/health/digestive-health/natural-upset-stomach-remedies
Linkat

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 08:12 am
@Region Philbis,
Funny I guess my intuition is right. Because she wouldn't eat or drink anything I gave her mint leaves to chew on, gave her hot towels to put on her tummy and I have since run out and bought a heating pad. Oh and I sliced up ginger root but she said it was too strong so I used it to make ginger candy.

She just won't take anything in her mouth ...she did try chewing on the mint leaf.

She is still in pain and I have a call onto the surgeon on call just to be safe.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 09:14 am
@Linkat,

ginger ale might help also...
ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 May, 2018 11:11 am
@Region Philbis,
Non-alcoholic ginger beer is what our family docs have recommended over the years.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 08:25 pm
@Linkat,
Dentist should have given her something. Stematyl (very commonly given in hospitals) not sure if I spelt it correctly, its been a few years!!
Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 08:26 pm
@Agent1741,
Sorry misread, a cold compress on the outside of the mouth
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 09:09 pm
There’s nothing like that pain - I know!!

Tylenol makes me sick. (All along, I thought it was the codeine)

Use ice packs.
Agent1741

Reply Mon 21 May, 2018 09:51 pm
@PUNKEY,
Orajel might work but you would have to be real careful putting it on.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 May, 2018 06:42 am
Thanks all -- she is feeling better. The ice packs helped a bit with the pain. She is able to eat again.

The dentist didn't give much more other than to stop taking the prescription pain reliever is that is most likely the cause of the nausea. Instead just OTC pain reliever.

I just remember it hurt for like a day and a half for me - I took the prescription just during that time and simply slept. No nausea - but then again I rarely get sick. I was over the pain pretty quickly.

But everyone is different probably why it so hard for the dentist to determine what to give each patient.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How to stop nausea after wisdom teeth extraction
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:22:17