Meghan Markle’s family drama.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 09:19 am
@Lash,
When I made the post about her being in labour it had only just been announced. I take it your post wasn't coincidental, you heard hours before it was announced by the palace?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 May, 2019 10:06 am
I wish them well and all that but I'm already sick of wall to wall coverage of this and nothing else. We're subjected to one trashy tabloid royal correspondent after another talking a load of sycophantic horse ****.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 03:55 am
@izzythepush,
It was a coincidence.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 May, 2019 04:09 am
@Lash,
The reason I asked is that the press has had a pretty tempestuous relationship with the Royals culminating in the death of Diana.

Since then the British press has been less intrusive with more interviews on offer if they complied.

I thought that maybe the word was out but the BBC were keeping schtum until the Palace announced it.

But no, you're really good with dates and trimesters and that sort of thing. Well done, I'm impressed.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 May, 2019 01:37 pm
So, ...Archie.
cherrie

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 01:31 am
@Lash,
It doesn't really have that royal ring to it.

Prince Archie just sounds silly.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 01:38 am
@cherrie,
Will he be a prince? Since Harry got married the press are now referring to him as the Duke of Sussex.
cherrie

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 01:45 am
@izzythepush,
I just assumed he would be a prince but apparently Harry and Meghan have decided that he wont have a title.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 02:13 am
@cherrie,
Princess Anne's kids aren't princes and princesses either.

He'll be something or other.
cherrie

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 03:00 am
@izzythepush,
No they aren't, but aren't Andrews daughters princesses?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 03:12 am
@cherrie,
They are. The royals are a weird bunch.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 04:04 am
If I’m understanding this correctly, when a royal decides to opt out of titling their male kid, they use the family surname Mountbatten-Windsor, and they don’t need to use more traditional given names, and they aren’t held to other, more rigid rules of decorum etc.

Example- the Sussexes May choose to live in California.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 04:13 am
Danny Baker has always been an idiot, but I don't think he was being racist, just anti Royal.

Quote:
Broadcaster Danny Baker has been fired by the BBC over his "stupid unthinking gag" on Twitter about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's new baby.

The now deleted tweet, which has been circulated on social media, showed an image of a couple holding hands with a chimpanzee dressed in clothes with the caption: "Royal Baby leaves hospital".

The 5Live presenter was accused of mocking the duchess's racial heritage.

A BBC spokesperson said: "This was a serious error of judgment."

The corporation added that Baker's tweet "goes against the values we as a station aim to embody.

"Danny's a brilliant broadcaster but will no longer be presenting a weekly show with us."

Harry and Meghan, whose mother Doria Ragland is African American, revealed on Wednesday their new son was named Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

After an initial backlash on social media, Baker said: "Sorry my gag pic of the little fella in the posh outfit has whipped some up. Never occurred to me because, well, mind not diseased.

"Soon as those good enough to point out its possible connotations got in touch, down it came. And that's it."

The 61-year-old presented a weekend show on 5Live.

Earlier, Baker told his half a million followers on Twitter that he has been doorstepped by reporters at his home, saying he was asked: "Do you think black people look like monkeys?"

His tweet added: "No mate. Gag pic. Posh baby chimp. Alerted to circs. Appalled. Deleted. Apologised."

In a following tweet, he added: "Would have used same stupid pic for any other Royal birth or Boris Johnson kid or even one of my own. It's a funny image. (Though not of course in that context.) Enormous mistake, for sure. Grotesque.

"Anyway, here's to ya Archie, Sorry mate."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48212693
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 May, 2019 04:25 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Example- the Sussexes May choose to live in California.

A ginger, in California?

He'll need factor 5 million or something like that.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 10:14 pm
Prince Archie makes more sense when you remember dad is Prince Jughead.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 11:29:02