Can UTI kill you?

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 01:49 am
During the time I went abroad for a social dating tour, I seemed to have symptoms of UTI. It would start to burn when I pee and my genitals would start to hurt from time to time. I’ve done some research on the effects and cures but since mine just comes and goes, I decided not to get it checked. It’s been four months now and the burning sensation has not yet subsided. It still comes and goes even if I’ve been on water therapy. Is it because of what I ate or drank during my trip abroad? If so, could it be something else other than UTI causing these symptoms? Should I even get it checked?

hightor

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 02:20 am
@worried2018,
Please see a doctor.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 03:22 am
@worried2018,
Quote:
I decided not to get it checked. It’s been four months now and the burning sensation has not yet subsided.

You should be worried.

There are many diseases that can be easily cured by a course of antibiotics... but can be harmful or yes, deadly, if not treated. You clearly have an infection that your body is not able to handle. After four months of symptoms it's time to take take care of this. I assume by "social dating" you mean you had sex. You could have have syphilis or gonorrhea ... syphilis will absolutely kill you if not treated, or they can wreak havoc on your reproductive tract. And yet modern medicine can almost always cure it fairly easily.

There is no natural treatment for these diseases. Before antibiotics, people with syphilis just died. Now they take a course of pills and are cured.

Go see a doctor, take the treatment.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 06:59 am
@worried2018,
You waited FOUR MONTHS?

Cripes, I hope you haven't had sex with anyone else since your sex junket.

Go to a doctor. Go directly to a doctor. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

And for God's sake, if it turns out you have an STD and you've had other sex partners, TELL THEM so they can get treated, too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 08:34 am
@worried2018,
worried2018 wrote:
If so, could it be something else other than UTI causing these symptoms? Should I even get it checked?

yes and yes

go to a doctor and get this sorted out asap

an untreated UTI is dangerous enough - can lead to kidney infections and serious kidney disease

the other options can also be dangerous

it might be something relatively minor that can be treated with a quick course of antibiotics - it might be something much more significant

get to a doctor
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 May, 2018 09:36 am
It comes and goes? That means it's there.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Can UTI kill you?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:03:39