Hi from Siem Reap, Cambodia

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:22 pm
Hi to all my friends from the home of Angkor Wat. We visited the temples yesterday and today, and it's very hot here - about 100 degrees F. Have a short break this afternoon for email time, so just here to say hello from Cambodia. We're going home tomorrow, but it'll take us about 20 hours from here to Singapore to Hong Kong to San Francisco. This trip was fantastic, and hope my pictures came out okay. We have 13 people at the end of this trip, and we started with 16 - most from the west coast, and one family from new york. New Years in Hong Kong was interesting and fun. Went out to party with our young tour director and four others from our group on new years eve, and got stink'n drunk. Threw up a few times on the way back to the hotel in our cab - not inside the cab. ha ha... Anywhos, I'll write more when I get home. Bye for now. c.i.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,782 • Replies: 12
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:33 pm
Yay! A virtual postcard for everyone! Good to hear from you CI. Can't wait to see pix!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:25 pm
Well, that's a memorable New Year's...
thanks for the update on your trip, CI!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 03:29 pm
I can not wait to see the pictures!
I am glad to hear you are enjoying yourself, puke and all!!! :-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 10:00 pm
At my age, I should know better! Wink Just walked in a couple of hours ago, so give me another day before I start posting summaries of my trip. New Years in Hong Kong was fantastic! Had great seats for the parade, and went on a cruise in Victoria Harbour for the fireworks the following day. More later.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 10:02 pm
Welcome back, c.i.

Read this tomorrow

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45157&highlight=
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 04:59 pm
For those interested, this link has my first brief and some pics. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46174&highlight=
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:16 pm
Wonderful pictures ( as usual ;-) )
I am glad to hear you are having a good time!
How many ' wonders of the world' have you seen? Is this the first?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:33 pm
shewolf, Surprised you would ask me such a q. LOL I could begin a list, but I'm not sure I can list all of them. The Great Pyramids of Giza, Parthenon, Hadrian's Wall,, Granada, Grand Canal of Venice, Kremlin, Great Palace of Catherine the Great, Sacre Coeur, Sagrada Familia, Eiffel Tower, Petra, Great Wall, Forbidden City, Taj Mahal, Temple of Karnak, Blue Mosque, Aswan High Dam, Sydney Opera House, Hall of Great Buddha in Nara, Itsukushima Shrine in Hiroshima, Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, CN Tower, Statue of Liberty, Panama Canal, Lincoln Memorial, Leaning Tower, St Peter's Basilica, Versailles, Ramses II Temples, Agra Fort, Ephesus, Corinth Canal, Philae Temple, Petra Monastery, Terra Cotta Warriors, Budapest Parliament Building, Stonehenge, Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, the Wats of Bangkok, Pompidou Center, and ...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 05:42 pm
You shouldn't have asked, shewolf. Our friend, ci, has been just about everywhere at least once and probably has another trip to somewhere already booked.
Is this going to be the "official" site, ci, for your post-Antartic trip? I look forward to hearing details and seeing pictures (except for your barfing in Hong Kong). rjb
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 06:07 pm
rjb, Antarctica was ages ago! LOL Here's the link if interested. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44518&start=80
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:27 pm
We've seen that, ci. Where is your new thread about your most recent trip? -johnboy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
rjb, Try this link. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46174&start=20
0 Replies