traymc

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 02:07 pm
Hi everyone, I am Tracey, 33 from UK. I play irish music in my spare time when I get the change haha with a 2 year old running riot. Anyways.... just to let you know I am thinking of working as a travel nurse and am wondering if anyone else here has tried travel nursing and have any experiences to share about your travel nursing job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,685 • Replies: 5
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
No. Sorry. I wish I could help.

But I have now answered what I believe to have been the oldest unanswered post on the board.

Until now, that is.
Aelicia

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:45 am
@neologist,
If you are searching for better career options and indecisive about the right job selection, you are advised to opt for the CNA Jobs. There are various factors, which have made certified nurse aide jobs. for more detail you can read here : Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

groonurse

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 05:49 pm
@traymc,
Hi,
Travel nursing is a good thing as long as you are flexible and a quick learner. Most places expect you to know in 2 days what normal staff learn in a week. I have worked in the US and Canada and am now working in Australia. I work for a great Private surgery center that does awesome work and is interested in hiring more travellers like me as there is a great shortage of theatre/OR nurses in Newcastle NSW.
If you know of anyone interested, let me know via posting.
Travel nurses need to be friendly, affable and have thick skin as regular employees tend to target us to do most of the work since we get paid the big bucks and free housing (or so they think). A lot of places will try to hire you after your contract if you are good. It is good to start with a short term contract and extend if you like the place. I once started a 6 month session and the staff turned out to be dwads, making me do everything... couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Don't be afraid to try travel nursing... it's one perk of being a nurse.
LaurieFe

Reply Sun 27 May, 2012 10:05 pm
@groonurse,
Thanks for the advice. Any favorite companies in the US? Ever go to the Denver ,colorado Springs area? What agency did you use?
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:43 am
@traymc,
I've never tried travel nursing but I've always wanted to. I already have a family, so I can't leave my two children. I wish you the best in your future endeavors!
0 Replies