Sci-Fi / Fantasy - driving me up the wall! What's this book?

Bekaboo

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 01:25 pm
I was randomly reading today when one line in the book i was reading reminded me of a previous book - and it's driving me crazy not knowing what is is!!

I can't remember much about it i just remember this one bit where the main characters are in a city fighting the evil guy - referred to as the stone king. He turned everything in the city to stone, and was being pursued by his son - who was some kind of killer mole, tearing up the city and trying to get to him. I think it was referred to as the Maw...

Anyway i must have read it in the last couple of years and it's blatantly not Pratchett so it's probably Robert Jordan, Raymond E Feist, Terry Brooks or something similar...

I already asked Phil (my friend, the resident sci-fi expert Wink) and he hasn't got a clue, which kinda rules out Jordan and probably Feist...

Does anybody know what i could be?

I think at the end the Maw finally kills the Stone King...

All suggestions welcome!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 583 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:46 am
google search
Have you tried a google search for "stone king" and/or "maw?" Here's what I found and it seems to fit your description:

The Druid of Shannara
http://www.ereader.com/product/detail/1296

Quickening, the daughter of the ancient King of the Silver River, finds Walker Boh dying after an attack by the Shadowen Rimmer Dall. She heals Walker Boh and tells him that the Elfstone is in the hands of the Stone King, who seeks to turn all the world to stone.

http://isleofavalon.com/terrybrooks/shannara/shannara_quiz.html

Shannara QUIZ

Uhl Belk was the Stone King who wanted to turn the entire world into one giant rock, but who was Uhl Belk's son?

The Maw Grint
The Rake
The Koden
The Urdas
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 07:00 am
Deb_Law--

Brilliant!
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:21 am
Aha! Yeh i was starting to wonder if maybe it was one of the Shannara books... cheers Deb! Smile
0 Replies