The Moral Status of Animals

mark noble

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:10 am
@maxdancona,
Nothing that had a heartbeat - Nothing fried, Nothing processed or from a can, etc

Everything is alive - If it absorbs, expands and discharges energy - It lives.
Consciousness is self-relative, and another subject - One you'll not understand in your current host - So I'll not try to explain.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:18 am
@mark noble,
That cuts out bacon, chocolate and beer.... that's not living.
mark noble

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 09:35 am
@maxdancona,
And I've never felt better.
In body, mind or spirit.

By 'processed' foods - I Mean boxed, tinned or frozen.
Clearly Vegetables, fruits, pulses, pasta, rice, nuts, dairy, etc - Are all 'processed' to some degree.
I'll have, some chocolate, some baked and dairy goods and a lager now and then - My main meals are Meat, grease, poisons and bpa-free though.
No corn (Maize) and no produce from the usa ever passes my lips. Or 'Flavour pack' (Poison) orange juice.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 01:12 pm
@perennialloner,
perennialloner wrote:

Do you think animals are the subjects of moral consideration?

Any opinions about the proper scope and scale of our moral obligations in regard to animals?

Must a morally considerable being be able to recognize moral claims?

1) Of course they are. One very simple example is how you local supermarket is probably selling more free range chicken eggs than those factory raised.

2) We have a moral obligation to not cause them to suffer needlessly and not cause their extinction if we can prevent it.

3) No
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 01:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Could be humans if he eats beef.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2018 03:05 pm
@roger,
Understood.
0 Replies