How much do you spend on groceries?

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:00 pm
each month. This can include anything such as shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, and other things you can get at a Super WalMart/Target).

How many people live in your house (is this for)?

thanks. Smile

I think I spend around $240-300 each month for 2 people and 3 animals (just counting dog food, extra paper towels, and extra baby wipes ...not counting toys, puppy pads, grooming supplies, etc).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,760 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:29 pm
I go to the store I'd say twice, maybe 3 times a month and I spend about $150 each time I go... I'd say between $300-350.. depends on the month.. There are 2 of us and one cat
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:54 pm
Average $200 a week for 4 1/2 people. The half person is eldest cub who has his own food budget, but since he can't cook, he has some meals with us, as well as using our cleaning and laundry supplies.

We rarely eat out.

We go through an $14 box of Tide every week to 10 days.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 01:01 pm
Thankfully I'm a cheap salad date when we go "out" to eat and as I mentioned on another thread... Mr. Joahaeyo is a McDonald's boy. ...so that usually comes to about $2 since it's always burger no fries.

He's so bad. I can't wait to spank him. Twisted Evil

(one more day HOPEFULLY!!!)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 01:12 pm
I don't know but we sure have a hell of a lot of chicken.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 02:07 pm
lol, cj. That's because the price of beef is so nuts.

I'm about the same as Squinney. About $200 to $250 a week for the four of us and three cats.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 02:18 pm
I tried to average this out...some months are more, others less...I think I spend about $750.00-$1000.00 a month on groceries and household items. The winter months seems like groceries are cheaper...we eat alot of venison. And we have friends that raise black angus cattle...so we do get meat cheaper that way, sometimes free..lol She'll get a beef ready and her freezer will be fuller than she thought and she'll holler for me to come and get a load of it. I don't turn down free meat...lol
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 02:26 pm
In a month, household items + food is about 600.
MIND YOU.. that starts with 100 dollars worth of baby formula for a month.
Mr wolf and I eat primarily veggies so our food budget is pretty small for the 2 of us.. about 250 a month.
Bean eats only veggies , eggs and some cheese . I buy her veggies along with our foods and it maybe amounts to 30 a month?
here in austin, we have a store called Central Market that sells TONS of organic veggies and fruits for very cheap.
You can get organic broccoli for 159 a lb. ! Organic bunches of carrots for 99cents a lb. So our quantity is some what high, cost WAY low thank goodness.
Tide? yeah, squinneys budget is on track with ours. A big box 2times a month. about 30 bucks.

Toothbrush , toothpaste toilet paper and paper towels I get from Sams. 11-15 dollars a pack of each and they last several months so i cant fairly count that into a monthly budget..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 02:27 pm
oh.. and not to mention...
about 20 bucks a month on diapers , 10-15 dollars on wipes and a few other baby accessories!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:08 pm
Mr. Noddy and I eat most meals at home. Our groceries and house hold supplies probably average out to $65-$75 a week (saving between $10 and $15 every trip with coupons).

I have a freezer so I can take advantage of meat specials.

As for laundry detergent: Try buying the bulk containers at Sears. The Sears brand detergent has no "filler" and you need less than a quarter cup a load. I buy 25 pounds every 9-10 months for about $27.

Incidently, I learned about the bargain Sears detergent from Consumer Reports.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:17 pm
And noddy's kilt sure looks fresh and clean!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:28 pm
LOL, cj!

There are some things we can't skimp on and have to buy name brand. Bear insists on Charmin TP, and Peter Pan peanut butter. I don't care for store brand canned veggies.

I tried to save on dishwasher detergent a few weeks ago and the "other" name brand was totally useless. Went right back to Cascade.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:28 pm
I spend less on groceries than I do on health insurance.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:32 pm
Squinney, my husband is picky too about some name brands. His bread has to be Wonder and the milk has to be Vitamin D, Coleman milk. I've tried swapping to 2 %...but its a battle...lol
0 Replies