How do you clean garden concrete statues?

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 03:29 pm
I have a couple of tiger statues in the back yard that needs cleaning. Does anybody know how to clean them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 549 • Replies: 7
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 08:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Try hot water and dishwashing liquid. When that doesn't work use bleach. When that fails use hydrochloric acid. 40 years go by and now you want clean.

Tiger tiger burning might,
In the backyard: of the blight,
Be the sort of brand to try
To clean thy fearful statuary.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 08:32 pm
@laughoutlood,
Will give that a try. Thanks.
0 Replies

visceral

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 01:01 am
@laughoutlood,
lol funny
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 04:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
if its a blck mold kind of crud, a power washer at about 2500psi and use a cleaner like "Simple Green". I use thi technique on the patio which is berick in concrete. After I get done with the power washer I spray a 10ppm mix of Chlorine in water hich stifles the mold or algae from growing back for a couple yeares (but Itll be back).

We have several large concrete geese in a row under a small grove of treesand they get green from moss . This was by design. Mrs F cultivated the moss by making a slurry out of some plants in milk and water that she mixed in a mixmaster she got at a yard sale and uses for garden stuff and sheep drench. Then she painted the moss slurry onto the staues . They were kep a it on the moist side for several weeks until the a;gae showed that they "took". Now the geese look like theyve been there for a century. It a look that isnt necessarily to be "cleaned off"

BTW, is your dirt mold or dust or something else?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2018 07:24 am
I'm not a representative for this company or anything but I've used this product for years and recommend it highly:

Wet and Forget
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 06:02 am
A gentle scrub with a wire brush with dish soap and a bit of bleach.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2018 10:29 am
@TheCobbler,
I used a plastic bristle brush with detergent, and it worked. Thanks for all your suggestions.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do you clean garden concrete statues?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 01:11:55