Affair is over. Need Advice

Thor9090

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 08:59 am
@neptuneblue,
I have checked your recent posts and your advice and other users have accused you of bitterness and just Nasty comments. You "Beat up" on people as one user stated. (I'm not saying thats what your doing here)

I have apologized for my actions and i said i felt horrible. Im also not saying my Wife isn't trying. It seems you have selective reading.

Thank you for the advice.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:03 am
@Thor9090,
Thor9090 wrote:
And yes. I believe a marriage should be 50-50. Not me giving 110% all day every day and my wife giving 5%. My wife told me directly and agreed with me things were bad. She felt like we were roommates. It was we just never spoke up about it. We both just did our daily routine.

one of the best pieces of advice I ever got was that both partners in a relationship need to try to put in 150%. that way if one of them has a bad day/week/month, there's still 100% coming in.

sit down with your wife (perhaps with the support of a counsellor) and sort out where things went wrong and what you both can do to make the marriage/relationshp more balanced.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:07 am
@Thor9090,
Thor9090 wrote:
Closure is something i need to move on from this situation.

move on first - get things in a stable place in your primary relationship

once that has happened, take another look at 'closure'. It's a bit of a trendy term these days - with everyone having their own definition of it. For quite a few people, moving on is closure.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 1 May, 2018 09:49 am
@Thor9090,
Thor9090 wrote:

I have checked your recent posts and your advice and other users have accused you of bitterness and just Nasty comments. You "Beat up" on people as one user stated. (I'm not saying thats what your doing here)

That's not entirely accurate. You only see what you want to.

Your method is inherently flawed. You think you can just close Pandora's Box and everything is swept under the rug. What's going to happen in two months when your wife is just a wife again? You haven't fixed your marriage and the same old problems are going to creep up again. There's a statistic that says a cheater has a 350% chance of a repeat affair.

You have to stop the secrecy. Bring it out in the open and really re-connect with your wife. Or, most likely, you're doomed to repeat past mistakes. https://www.rd.com/advice/relationships/15-steps-to-surviving-an-affair/
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:56:57