Ben Franklin does David Bowie?

Letty

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 07:17 pm
Oh, my gawd! "Don't You Love me Baby" ...YeeHaw

And I thought bankers were dull (apologies to Gautam and whoever)

Sun Trust, you picked the right Madison Ave. guy.

Just this minute I got the full impact of a commercial that I had only heard in passing. Funniest thing I have ever seen, and whoever the guy was doing the lip sync for Bowie, deserves a grammy....

Are there any clever commercials that have caught your fancy?

Such a relief from the general local stuff where small businesses do their own stuff. Rolling Eyes Good Lord deliver us.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 09:22 am
Hmm, we usually surf over most ads. But - there used to be 2 local ones that we thought were pretty dang amusing, albeit in different ways.

One was for Petco (pet supplies) - it showed a little Bull Terrier wandering around the store, narrating the ad. If you don't know Bull Terriers, they kind of have egg-shaped heads and perky ears and long tails and they just look kind of odd. The ad ended with the terrier curling up into a small dog bed and saying, "I'm gonna tell all of my friends about Petco! .... Tomorrow." Snore.

The other one, which is still running, is for a local clothing store in Downtown Crossing called Manhattan Apparel. The commercial is rapped by some local guy who is pretty good. It ends with him either saying, "Come on down and check us out. Ya bird!" or "Peace, out!"

PS Gonna move this to Business & Marketing and feature it there. Great idea for a topic! :-D
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2003 09:44 am
ok, Jes,
Move away. I wasn't quite certain where to post it.

Sometimes, certain ads are so bad, that it's easy to remember the product; i.e. ditech. Rolling Eyes

We have a business here that features custom made mattresses and the owner and his grandson do the wrap. Someone needs to tell them that all kids are NOT natural born actors. :wink:

Love your petco story. My niece is a lawyer for Geico and I must say, most of their ads are good.
0 Replies