Can't get cam to work on msn messenger........

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:38 pm
I have went through the audio video tester thing, everything passed, but when I click on webcam while in conversation, it tells me that I have cancelled my invitation. Anybody know any reasons why this isn't working for me, besides the fact I may not know what i'm doing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,019 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Raener

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:04 am
Hey,

Firstly, make sure you have the latest MSN Messenger (TIP: Don't ever bother getting MSN PLUS! - Leads to all kinds of spyware problems if your not careful)

Yes so back to MSN. Open it up and go to TOOLS > OPTIONS then at the bottom of the 'Personal' Tab (it should be the default tab that shows up when you click OPTIONS. At the bottom of the window there is a little checkbox.

Should look something like this:

[x] Share my webcam capabilities with others.

Make sure that you DO tick the box, obviously so people can view you on your webcam.

If this doesn't solve your problem..

Makes sure the webcam is connected by USB or whichever connection it has to you PC. Sometimes you may have to try different USB ports (Worked for me)

If alls connected and it's still NOT working then also check you have installed the software that has come with your webcam. Open the program up whilst the cams connected and see if you can view the picture from your cam on screen. [Im guessing that the program has a function that you can view your cam].

If you don't have any software that should of come with your webcam, you can always search in Google with the details of your cam. eg) Aiptek Mega Camera Software Download.

If you can't find any results or results that are relevant to your product then you can check out the main homepage of the company that made your webcam. eg) Aiptek website [in google] then just surf around the site or type in the search bar for software downloads of just downloads.

Hope something of the above can help you out. Very Happy

Post back if you need more help and I might have something up my sleeve that I have forgotten to post. - Bye for now!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 10:36 pm
Thanks for all your help, but it didn't work....lol.....it works on yahoo, but not on msn.....so I dunno...it's weird.
0 Replies