It Figures - Grammy Outcome

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 03:45 pm
Norah Jones takes home seven grammys for her "Don't know why" CD. I'm sorry, but I just cannot stand that song. The first time I heard it, I didn't like it, and liked it less and less as time went on. Apparently my vote doesn't count.

I really thought Eminem, No Doubt, and Avril Lavigne would route the awards. Though all but No Doubt are half my age, I like them all (Gwen Stefani is 32, I think). ND's Rock Steady CD really does rock. On the stereo in our van, which has some unreal number of speakers and multiple subwoofers, this thing will rattle your bones.

Eminem's like listening to an auctioneer, and Avril is such a welcome relief from the Britney's, Christina's, and boy bands.

And they gave THREE to Bruce. Argh. What did you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,177 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 04:00 pm
I was just happy they gave all those grammys to someone who actually sings.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 04:09 pm
That's fine, but it also has to celebrate fact that the artists sell records. I'd be willing to bet that The Eminem Show and 8-Mile Soundtrack sold a heck of lot more than "Don't Know Why". That's what sets the Grammys apart from the AMAs, there's a bit of random tossed in the mix.

I've always been a fan of reggae and I really like the ska stuff No Doubt is doing. Gwen rocks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2003 05:36 pm
I was actually very happy to see Norah Jones win. I adore her voice and her music, which I think is timeless and talented. Of course I thought though that since I liked her, she wouldnt win anything, but perhaps get a best new artist or some such thing.

It was nice to see Bruce get Best song but, I was hoping for 3 doors down ans seeing Bruce get the best male as well really peeved me, could have shared that whole thing with 3 doors and everyone would be happy. also he gets best rock album...which I was hoping for Tonic..eh, what can ya do?
It was a tie for me with Coldplay and 3 Doors for Rock Duo/Group, so I was happy with that one in the end, I guess. But, I liked Coldplay for Alt. Album so..that could have gone the other way to make all happy too.
Best Hard Rock Perf I was just all kinds of ways on so..that worked well.
And I was just non voting on Best Femal Rock..that one is always wierd.
Liked Korn, so that worked for me too. But, I was hoping for Satriani or Slash on Instrumental Rock.

I dont know..in the end..does it really matter? We're going to go on listening and liking what we like, in spite of what someone else votes for and its just kind of like watching somone you admire winning the raffle or something like that. Ive grown to hope itd be fair and all would get a chance at something. The widening of the areas has helped with that a great deal but, still sometimes you wonder. Its just like the Oscars...sometimes the Best Movie is one you'd never go see...
silly stuff really.
0 Replies