• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 790 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:54 am
Quote:
"Medical coverage is becoming more for catastrophic
loss than for intermediate expenses," Morris said.

An that is as it needs to be. If insurance paid for every little thing, the price of policies would skyrocket, and fewer and fewer people would be able to afford them.

I remember a discussion that I once had with my doctor. He told me that he provided a health insurance policy for his staff. It had a high deductable, but was very generous in its catastrophic coverage. His attitude was that people need to set money aside for common medical bills, but needed the insurance if they ever fell prey to a long standing, serious illness.

I cannot understand a society where working people manage to have the funds to buy the latest gadgets, but are angered when they have to shell out of their own pockets for medical care.

It's all a matter of priorities!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 05:14 pm
I agree a lot - here is an example of another situation, some people work where having health insurance is a requirment, the only way out is if your spouse has a better program, other wise you are required to take it. not a bad deal but you are sort of locked into the the company does.

In mycase in the past 8 months almos it seems like catastrophic coverage, I'd want more of than anything else, that and prescriptions.

Higher deductible and co-pay are fine by me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 05:29 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I cannot understand a society where working people manage to have the funds to buy the latest gadgets, but are angered when they have to shell out of their own pockets for medical care.

It's all a matter of priorities!

Very well said.
Very good point.
I couldnt agree more
0 Replies