What's the best carpet cleaner?

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 06:03 pm
I've been investigating to find out which is the best carpet cleaning solvent out there, and decided on Folex. Anybody else use Folex or something else that works?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 389 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 11:17 am
@cicerone imposter,
Define 'Carpet'?
Petrol is the best 'natural' solvent - No biological contents.

Mix 2 parts lemonade with 2 parts petrol and 2 parts Walnuts (Crushed)
Leave fuse for 30 days.
Add 2 tsp to regular detergent and apply, liberally.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2018 03:14 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
car·pet
/ˈkärpət/
verb
cover (a floor or stairs) with a carpet:
"the stairs were carpeted in a lovely shade of red"
oralloy

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 03:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think by "define carpet" he was asking for details on the type of carpet which you hope to clean -- perhaps because different types of cleaners are better for different types of carpet.

I know nothing of carpet cleaners though, so I can't really help with your question. Sorry.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 12:32 pm
@oralloy,
Carpet material can be wool, nylon or polymers. I think most carpet cleaners can be used on all three types. Here's an interesting article on steam cleaning.
Quote:
Hot water extraction
Further information: Hot water extraction
Although there is an actual steam cleaning industrial process, in the context of carpet cleaning, "steam cleaning" is, in fact, hot water soil extraction cleaning, which is professionally known as HWE. The hot water soil extraction cleaning method uses equipment that sprays heated water, sometimes with added cleaning chemicals, on the carpet. Simultaneously, the water is vacuumed up, along with any dislodged and dissolved dirt. Many carpet manufacturers recommend professional hot water extraction as the most effective carpet cleaning method which also provides a deeper clean.[citation needed] [b]Actual steam could damage man-made carpet fibers and change the characteristics as they are usually set using heat. Natural fiber carpets such as wool can shrink, Velvet piled carpets and Berber carpets will become fuzzy which is known as pile burst.[/b][citation needed]
I have been using spray can carpet cleaners especially in the area by the door where most of the traffic stains the carpet.
mark noble

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 11:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
Put my mixture (Above) on a Pakistani hand-woven and you'll cause cho4 to nestle.
Have you tried wooden-flooring?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2018 06:25 pm
@mark noble,
We replaced our hallway from carpet to hardwood. It took the lady who did the work had us move out for one day when she applied varnish on the wood flooring. All three bedrooms and the living room has carpeting. I use one bedroom as my office, and have placed plastic floor mats between the door and the computer table. Otherwise, I try to remove my shoes once inside the house. It always doesn't work, because we usually get inside from the garage that goes directly into our kitchen and family room. I try to self clean the carpets on a regular basis, but the living room doesn't need it, because it's rarely used. I'll hire a professional carpet cleaner to clean our living room carpet when needed.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's the best carpet cleaner?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:33:49