I vaped for the first time but is vaping good or bad?

Rose000

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:26 pm
My friend came over to my house we hang out and he was vaping I tried it out at first I coughed and I Vape like probably 7 times but I was wondering is vaping good or bad? Just FYI I have a hole in my heart I was born with it so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing

centrox

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 04:40 pm
@Rose000,
Quote:
I have a hole in my heart

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/e-cigarettes-tobacco-free-but-your-heart-may-still-be-at-risk/

Quote:
Researchers know that the nicotine contained in cigarettes constricts blood vessels. However, they don’t yet know the cumulative damage e-cigarettes cause to your heart, lungs and blood vessels. Many experts urge everyone — heart patients in particular — to avoid smoking any product, including e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes produce an inhaled vapor from a flavored liquid which contains nicotine, simulating the effect of smoking. Preliminary studies suggest nicotine might do direct damage to heart cells, so heart patients should avoid vaping or smoking traditional tobacco products completely.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 05:24 pm
@Rose000,
Well, far better than smoking. Totally safe? Probably not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 01:53 pm
Since they are tobacco free, e-cigs are currently unregulated in the United States but that may change. Already cities like Boston, Chicago,New York, and most recently Los Angeles have restricted their use. And Utah, New Jersey and North Dakota have banned their usewherever smoking is prohibited. Other states and localities including Minnesota and Oregon are considering restrictions as well.

The Potential Hazards of Vaping

But don’t be fooled into thinking that e-cigs are without risks or that you should now be able to vape to your heart’s content. Or that they’re plain healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
First of all, nicotine is a drug and a powerfully habit-forming one at that, and a 2013 studysuggests that even inhaling the drug via either conventional cigarettes or e-cigs may contribute to heart disease.

Also there is evidence that e-cigs deliver some toxic stuff of their own such as formaldehyde (a known carcinogen), nitrosamines (linked to cancer) and lead (a neurotoxin). Though the toxicant levels of e-cigs may be “9–450 times lower than in cigarette smoke,” as this study suggests, levels of formaldehyde andmetalshave been found to be comparable to or higher than those found in conventional cigarettes.*Silicate particles, which are a cause of lung disease, have also been found in e-cigarette vapors.

The ‘Second-Hand Smoke’ Question

A number of e-cig enthusiasts I have spoken to believe that the ban on smoking cigarettes in public places should not apply to e-cigs. And some are acting on that belief. I’ve even seen a woman confidently doing her e-cig thing on the subway in New York. Another in a restaurant.

And why not? Electronic cigarettes don’t burn and so there is no smoke. And no smoke means no second-hand smoke. And no second-hand smoke means no health worries for the non-e-cig public who happen to be in the vicinity. Sounds reasonable and what a boon for nicotine addicts. Relegated, lo all these years, to standing outside in the freezing cold or blistering heat to get their fix and unable to inhale while in flight, now e-cig users can reenter conventional society.

Some stuff from Scientific American
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I vaped for the first time but is vaping good or bad?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:37:06