What Do You Gotta Do To Get a Lunch Partner Around Here?

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
So here I am, all alone at lunch, again....everyone blew me off for something else today. I normally eat lunch by myself. I read or play on the computer but today I just sort of felt like talking to someone. My husband is having lunch with his buddy. Ain't gettin' no love there. My mom is doing the taxes. Dad is watching. No go. My boss is off preparing himself for his trip to Aspen. Lucky bastard.....the big pisser of it all is that my parents blew me off. Parents are NOT suppose to do that!

So, do you prefer to do it alone? Or with a partner? Lunch that is...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 631 • Replies: 9
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:45 am
I hate eating lunch on my own. I don't have a problem with it when eating at home but if I'm out I won't sit there on my own. No way!
0 Replies

thorman944

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:46 am
lunch?? - with a partner. normally i'm at work at this hour, but i'm home with a toothache today (i see my dentist in about 3 hours - thank god he could get me in today). isn't it cool surfing during the daytime hours?? site response times ar soooo much quicker when everybody else is at work.

heres to lunch - care for a biscuit?? - t
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:47 am
Often alone, since I'm around people at work all day. But sometimes with a buddy.

But I feel your pain. My favorite story of being blown off by those near and dear to me happened years ago, when I was in college. Spent a miserable summer back home because I needed to earn dough. Finally, my kid sister took pity on me and agreed to see a film with me. On the day in question, though, she failed to be home in time, so I wound up going to the film alone.

And that was the low point of that summer. Stood up by my little sister!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
I have taken to the habit of eating lunch with bean.
Of course, the conversation is rather repetitive, the food served rarely makes it to the mouth.... sometimes it is interrupted with a bomb in the britches.. but over all
I think I prefer lunch with her. ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:03 pm
I work from a home office, so obviously I usually eat lunch alone. And I like it that way. Very peaceful. Dinner is a riot around here.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:26 pm
I envy you Eva. Squinney too.
I wish I were capable of working at home.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:46 pm
Pffft...you are! You're at home taking care of bean...that's proof that you're self-disciplined enough to do it.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:56 pm
at work, with someone. I like having someone to "gossip" with. Wink

Of course it depends on who is there for the day too. Unless it's the right person, there are times I want to eat alone.

If I'm eating something that requires lots of floss between each tooth at the end, then I like eating alone too. I hate having to cut things up when it's my favorite dish/meal and all I really want to do is slam it down. /guilty
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:44 pm
i have lunch with A2k, monday thru friday Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Do You Gotta Do To Get a Lunch Partner Around Here?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 12:52:09