Sleigh Ride... Pictures....

Tenoch

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 12:11 pm
I do all my digital printing at the local walgreens. It's down to 30 cents a print. Last forever too. If you are going to print alot at pictures at a time i think it goes down to 20 or 15 cents a picture. I'm going to try out onlne ordering pretty soon.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 12:14 pm
Well, your aim was really good, then. Very Happy Cross-stitching from a photograph? Neat... that would make some good Christmas presents.

Sounds funny about the one that takes the hat off. I wonder how that got started? Horses can be very curious animals. I was thinking when that one was turning around so far, he was trying to see past its blinkers and figure out why they weren't going yet.

Please tell your uncles that your internet friends enjoyed their virtual sleigh ride.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 12:20 pm
wow, 7 pages already!

Those horses are indeed gorgeous!

I have a question about the maple sugar toffee - I've tried it before and it didn't work. Do you have to boil down the syrup and make it thicker than the stuff that comes in the bottle for that trick to work? I don't want to waste another drop of maple syrup.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 12:46 pm
I know horses have their quirky sides too. I used to ride a gray gelding named Jimmy. Every once in a while especially in early spring there'd be water run off crossing the trail. It was just a trickle but Jimmy in his special equine head translated that into a small stream. You'd just have a moment's warning by the bunching of his muscles before he became airborn and cleared the trickle by at least five feet. Never failed to bring a laugh to everyone but me. I might've smiled a little.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 01:01 pm
Tenoch wrote:
I do all my digital printing at the local walgreens. It's down to 30 cents a print. Last forever too. If you are going to print alot at pictures at a time i think it goes down to 20 or 15 cents a picture. I'm going to try out onlne ordering pretty soon.

That's a good idea and I might end up going that route. I know my yahoo photo album offers prints online as well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 01:05 pm
Piffka
It would be a bit costly to put a cross stitch kit together and it would take me about 6 months to complete one project, so I'd be keeping them for myself ;-) If anything, when they're finished, I may enter them in the craft show at the fair local fair. My uncle enters his horses in the horse shows there, so he's like that :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 01:07 pm
Littlek
I wish I could help you, but I honestly have no idea.

Bob
Jimmy sounds like a funny horse as well, atleast to others ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 02:02 pm
It was maple syrup day at my uncles camp today. Unfortunately, the battery in my camera died after I took the first picture Crying or Very sad
Here's the picture I did get of my uncle stiring the syrup. I wish I was able to get more pictures, but I'll make sure to have the battery charged before I go next year.

http://img229.exs.cx/img229/2346/mvc014f9fl.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 02:06 pm
Farmerman, my uncle says you only have to boil the sap for about 5 minutes. You can see the thermometer he keeps hanging in the syrup and he says it has to get to 700 degrees.
Did you know it takes 45 gallons of sap to make a gallon and a half of syrup? Wow!

It was a good time and I'll be back here next year with more pictures.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 05:44:25