Sleigh Ride... Pictures....

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:40 am
Where are the pictures of you flashing yourself while sitting atop a horse?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:42 am
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/1950/mvc004f8jg.jpg
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:44 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Respectable woman do not sit atop horses and flash their BOSOMS!

They do it when their in the sleigh.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:46 am
Paula
Unfortunately, my uncle doesn't own the farm where they're kept. He keeps his horse at a neighbors farm. If it was my uncles farm, I'd be there all the time.

Slappy
I don't think I can post those ones here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:48 am
paulaj wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

Respectable woman do not sit atop horses and flash their BOSOMS!

They do it when their in the sleigh.

Laughing
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:49 am
Montana wrote:
Paula
Unfortunately, my uncle doesn't own the farm where they're kept. He keeps his horse at a neighbors farm. If it was my uncles farm, I'd be there all the time.

Neighbors farm would be good enough for me Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 11:52 am
My mothers cousin next door to us has a son with a horse and he brings him over every now and again to go riding on the trails in the woods out back and he's got a beautiful horse as well. I haven't seen him for a few years though :-(
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 12:13 pm
Great pics Montana!

This thread brings me back to my growing up in Vt days. Every year there was a winter festival in Brattleboro that included snow/ice sculptures, a parade and a sugar-on-snow party. Along with the sugar-on-snow everyone got a plain cake style doughnut and a dill pickle. I used to trade my cup of syrup for my friend's doughnut and pickle.

Ah, memory lane revisited. Thanks!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 12:52 pm
Thanks JB
It brings back memories of my childhood as well. I lived in Mass most of my life, but we lived here for few few years when I was little and I have some awesome memories from that time in my life.
I truly have a huge appreciation of how people lived way back when and am so glad that some things are kept alive to remind us of those precious times.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 02:10 pm
The local restored 19th century farm was harvesting ice this weekend--horse power and people power and great good fellowship.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 03:09 pm
How cool is that :-D
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 03:37 pm
That is cool!

Speaking of winter festivals, we used to go to Amherst every year to see the ice sculptures on the UMass campus. Does anyone know if they still do that? It was really a site to see.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
I bet it was. I would have loved to see that.
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:23 pm
I was talking about this at work with another ex-buckeye and her uncle sugars, too. She says a highlight for her family is dropping hot dogs into the boiling syrup to cook for lunch after dragging around in the woods all morning!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:30 am
Oh, that sounds good. I'm not much of a hot dog person, but they must be very tasty saturated in maple syrup.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:33 am
see now nobody make fun of crispy scrapple with molasses on top.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 09:37 am
Laughing
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:10 am
Wonderful pictures Montana. I used to go to the Topsfield Fair when I was younger. When my pal Mike and I started banding hawks during the fall migration it conflicted with the fair schedule. Banding runs from August to November which of course is prime fair time.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:46 am
Ooooh, I missed these last week!

Gorgeous photos, Montana, and beautiful horses. The weather looked perfect. I didn't realize you were such a good photographer... you should be showing us more of your work. I hope you're going to make copies to give to your uncle... he'd love them. The one where they're ready to go and the horse facing the camera is bowing its head ought to be enlarged & put on a wall. It is really nice... all of them are.

You are so lucky! This seems like an idyllic winter afternoon. Did they send you home with maple syrup? Yummm.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 11:48 am
Bob
Thanks. I've heard a lot about the Topsfield fair, but I never did venture to it.

Piffka
Thank you very much. I have a digital camera that does all the work, so I can't really take credit for any skills. The sun was in my eyes while taking all those pics, so if anything, I have a good aim, lol.
It's not maple syrup time yet, but it's coming soon. I will eventually print them up when I actually have enough cash to get some printing cartrages for my printer and I am planning on making cross stitch kits out of some of them. They have software where you can do that, so that's on my things to get list. It couldn't have been a better day and I truly had a great time. My uncles are a bunch of comedians, so that makes it even better. One of the horses was quite a comedian as well when he kept swinging his head around and taking my uncles hat off. I just wish I had gotten a picture of that.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the picures.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:21:37