Is there an age/period in your life where you start seeking old friends?

Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 03:03 pm
I know many people are on facebook. I am but have nothing set up - I am simply so I can look at my daughter's facebook account -more to see her pictures as she is away to college than "checking up on her." I was thinking maybe I would set up more than just my name, but I honestly don't have time.

My husband had done similar - set up an account to basically be able to view our daughter's account. Very recently he has sought out old friends which I think is great.

The other day I saw an article in the local paper that had an old friend's name in it. It was associated with a school she works at so I found her email address on the school's website and reached out to her.

It made me think - is there a certain age that for some reason you think about some old friends and decide to connect? Or is it an event or time in your life?

Not sure if this is a getting old thing or simply just the timing of seeing an old friend's name.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 405 • Replies: 4
No top replies

centrox

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 03:09 pm
I have, from time to time, run into people who I knew years ago, but for whatever reason, drifted apart from, and in general I seem to find that we must have drifted apart for a reason. I don't think I'm going to be reaching out to anyone like you describe.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 03:59 pm
@Linkat,

reaching out to old friends was the main reason i joined FB...
Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 04:06 pm
@Region Philbis,
Funny I never joined facebook and when someone mentioned it is great to meet up with old friends -- I said something similar as centrex did. But when I saw this old friends name in the paper - I thought I wonder how she is doing she was always fun and nice; just drifted apart after college but I had known her since we were in first grade.

So I figured what the h*ll I'll say Hi.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2018 06:46 pm
@Linkat,
After retirement 5 years ago, I have checked in on any old friends that may be on Facebook. Not all people are internet users. I still don't like how FB tries to connect even minor acquaintances with me, which will become bothersome when all those notices of updates start coming in. I am very selective on who I pick and have about a dozen friends on my list.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Is there an age/period in your life where you start seeking old friends?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:21:03