Do I forgive and forget my boyfriend of 5 years?

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 03:33 pm
Bf of 5 years has lied about his finances in past to make it sound better than it is (he racked up a lot of credit card debt he couldn’t afford). Because of this I never lived with him. We do love each other and have chemistry. He is finally getting his finances back on track after much effort on my part of helping him budget etc. and also him inheriting a modest cash gift from family. However I found out that his elderly mother is in credit card debt up to her ears and he is working it out through lawyers to close her account (he handles her affairs as her POA). Trouble is he used that account from time to time when he claims he was short on cash including paying car insurance (every month including up to February) and some of his food, but the REAL issue for me is when I asked a month ago he said he only used her card for gas from time to time (he now says he told me car insurance but I don’t recall that at all and then he told me he "forgot" they debited his mom's account every month). What made me ask was I noticed he used her card to pay for an expensive dinner in January and I got really upset so he put his own money in her account to pay it. Now, he tells me he closed his mom's account and is paying down the other one (each month in a good amount) and he called the bank to start debiting his car insurance from his own account (now that I "caught him" right?). I suppose now I need to decide if all these lies should be excused since he wants to move in now? Is it worth the risk ???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 201 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 03:36 pm
@veryconfused123,
https://able2know.org/topic/416468-1#post-6511959

you've posted about this relationship several times under different user names

the advice isn't really going to change
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 28 Feb, 2018 04:19 pm
@veryconfused123,
I think both - you forgive him for being and a$$ and then forget about him for the same reason.

Forget being the more important of the two. You already wasted 5 years with someone that in reality is embezzling money - and embezzling from a family member.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Do I forgive and forget my boyfriend of 5 years?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 09:39:55