What a Weekend...

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:05 am
I am almost glad that it's Monday! My weekend was just upside down. To kick it off, my hubby quit his job. For good reasons, mind you, but he is unemployed none the less. **sigh** And we also started our taxes. Low and behold, we are going to owe. A lot. **sigh** How does this happen? As if the government doesn't suck enough of our money from us, let's just send them some more! This, combined with a number of other unfortunate events and the fact that I haven't had a full nights sleep since last Wednesday, made my weekend pretty crappy.

So, how was your weekend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,349 • Replies: 24
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:14 am
A little better than yours, I'm sorry to say.

I am getting over a bout of bronchitis (that my wife was kind enough to take off my hands).

I did expectorate mass quantities of sputum, laughing and coughing as I made fun of the conservatives and their pretzel logic on this forum both days...

...and some this morning as well.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:18 am
My weekend was the same as any other, except my kitty got a kitty leash and he came to the store with me and then we went for a walk!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:21 am
Never left the house. The icestorm had us locked in. Watched the people's cars get stuck on the hill outside our house. Spinning wheels, picking and shoveling ice to move 6 inches at a time, struggling not to slip on foot, live entertainment. My husband said "Nothing's funnier than a southern boy on the ice."
Watched Catwoman and Stepford Wives. Both movies stunk. Stepford Wives was reeeeeallly bad.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:25 am
Yeah, I didn't like Catwoman either, visually of course I did...but the movie, bleh.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:26 am
eoe wrote:
Never left the house. The icestorm had us locked in. Watched the people's cars get stuck on the hill outside our house. Spinning wheels, picking and shoveling ice to move 6 inches at a time, struggling not to slip on foot, live entertainment. My husband said "Nothing's funnier than a southern boy on the ice."
Watched Catwoman and Stepford Wives. Both movies stunk. Stepford Wives was reeeeeallly bad.

So you're stuck down south, huh? That sucks. I know you guys aren't equipt (with plows and salt trucks and whatnot) to handle that crap. Confused
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:27 am
No, we aren't. But the ice is just about all melted now and it's almost as if it never happened.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:50 am
I officially declare, today, Jan 31, 2005 as....Hug Kristie Day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/smileyhug2.gif

*The more she gets ..... the better she will feel*
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:58 am
Hubby quit ? Shocked
hmm.. did he plan this? At least give a 2 week notice?
whoa.. you two going to be ok?

My weekend went the same as PD's.. bronchitius is finally gone.. well at least 80%. Meaning, i can laugh with out loosing a lung, I can talk like a normal person and not like frankenstien. My skin isnt so covered with sweat I look like I have Leporcy, ( sp? ) and I can stop taking the goofy codiene cough syrup ( waaahh.. i liked that stuff. heheh )
>sigh<
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:00 am
Definite hugs. Hubby working too much/ weird hours has been a problem, right? Could be a good thing he quit?

Also had a sucky weekend. Started with sozlet barfing (and barfing and barfing) Friday afternoon --> night. Didn't get enough sleep that night, bad sick feverish (but not barfy) day Saturday. Got enough sleep that night, almost all better yesterday, whew. Then husband had -- I dunno what he had -- but he was in his home office paying bills and stuff early this morning, which always wakes her up (it's the room right next to hers, doors feet away from each other), and lo and behold she woke up, WAY before she was supposed to. I was pissed, he was pissed at me for being pissed, she's acting more sick again as well as moody as hell. If I get her through to a nap and she does, there's hope. However prime barfing time is when she's sick and takes a nap. Often wakes up barfing. If she dips back into illness after doing so well yesterday I'm going to have an absolute fit. Dammit.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:04 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Hubby quit ? Shocked
hmm.. did he plan this? At least give a 2 week notice?
whoa.. you two going to be ok?

My weekend went the same as PD's.. bronchitius is finally gone.. well at least 80%. Meaning, i can laugh with out loosing a lung, I can talk like a normal person and not like frankenstien. My skin isnt so covered with sweat I look like I have Leporcy, ( sp? ) and I can stop taking the goofy codiene cough syrup ( waaahh.. i liked that stuff. heheh )
>sigh<

I am glad you are feeling better. http://www.ethanwiner.com/Smiley%20Land/Sunny02.gif

Yeah, we'll be ok. It might suck a bit if he doesn't find a new job in 3 weeks, because then we will be without a second paycheck and THAT will put us a bit behind. But he was having adverse physical side effects from his job and frankly, it isn't worth his health. I'd rather be poor and living in a box on the corner with him than living in a mansion on the top of a hill without him. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:05 am
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
I officially declare, today, Jan 31, 2005 as....Hug Kristie Day

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/hug.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/heavens_just_a_kiss_away/smileyhug2.gif

*The more she gets ..... the better she will feel*

Brooke, you are such a doll. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:14 am
So when is Mr kristie ;-) going to start looking for another job?
Is his health so bad he has to sort of wind down from his work first? Or is he able to start looking right away?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:15 am
Soz get's hugs today too!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
shewolfnm wrote:
So when is Mr kristie ;-) going to start looking for another job?
Is his health so bad he has to sort of wind down from his work first? Or is he able to start looking right away?

He's looking now. He can't stand not working. Makes him stir crazy....

In fact he has an interview today and tomorrow already. But this time he is going ot know what questions to ask as far as how much time he is expected to invest in his job.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
sozobe wrote:
If she dips back into illness after doing so well yesterday I'm going to have an absolute fit. Dammit.

Go easy on him soz... he's a man... we don't know what we're doing Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 11:19 am
{{{{{{Kristie}}}}}}

Ouch, sounds stressful. I hope he finds something soon. No wonder you aren't sleeping well.

Soz, sorry about the sozlet being sick. Sounds nasty.

My weekend was ok, just sleepless. I finished a jigsaw puzzle I've been working on and got my fourth quarter business taxes and W2's sent out. Today was the deadline so they went in the mail this morning. Just about how I do most things - at the last possible minute.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:22 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Go easy on him soz... he's a man... we don't know what we're doing Laughing

Well-timed -- I read this just before writing the email informing him that sozlet's feverish, moody, and her ears hurt. Took it down a few notches from absolutely livid to just angry.

<dammitdammitdammitdammit>
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:48 pm
Get well wishes to all under the weather!

Last night kinda stunk.
I had vegetarian chili for supper.
The Lovely Bride informed me this morning that the next
time I make that selection, I'll be sleeping on the couch.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 12:49 pm
George wrote:
Get well wishes to all under the weather!

Last night kinda stunk.
I had vegetarian chili for supper.
The Lovely Bride informed me this morning that the next
time I make that selection, I'll be sleeping on the couch.

Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What a Weekend...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:56:15