SPRINGTIME AND THE LIVING IS IMPROVING

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:44 pm
It may or may not be a false spring, but, the foliage in and around nw Houston hints winter may be a nuisance past. The early growing season bides protracted warmth, often oppressively, as usual, but I gladly accept the terms of summer. Bring it on!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,501 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:53 pm
You can say that again. I wore shorts for the first time since the middle of December, and man, that felt good!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:23 am
Same thing up here edgar not spring yet but green things are starting to show. However, there is an artic front due in on Tuesday, burr, but it will not last long I am sure. With all this rain the wild flowers should be terrific this year.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 12:37 am
We are still snow covered here and are expecting more, but the last few days have been nice and I'm desperately waiting for the spring.

Yeah, bring it on !!!!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 01:10 pm
We are blessed with the high pressure front Helga at the moment. Today was the first day that really felt like spring could be somewhere not too far away. There is still a lot of snow in some places, though.

Phoenix, shorts??? We are lucky if we can wear shorts in July ;-)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 07:55 pm
My banana trees are sprouting new leaves.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 07:59 pm
While I was out walking Bean today I saw some Iris peeking up through the soil.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:03 pm
And here, there are hints of Autumn as you folk take our sun from us....

I am back to having TWO cats sleeping with me - Miranda having taken herself off to the faux leopard pouffe for the duration of the extreme heat, while Oscar, stalwart and faithful soul that he is, has remained glued, as ever, to my tummy during the nights.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:04 pm
Good pets for all seasons.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:10 pm
I have a dwarf azelia that begins to bloom just at the advent of winter. The buds hang in all through the cold. Each time it thaws enough some open. Right now the azelia is in full color.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:27 pm
What color dgarblythe?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 08:29 pm
http://www.usna.usda.gov/Gardens/collections/images/azalea.jpg

National Aboretum - Azalea Collection
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2003 09:43 pm
Pink. It was a potted plant gift to the wife from a coworker several years ago.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2003 11:10 am
Hey, could spring be far away?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 07:11 am
Spring seemed close when you first posted this eb but now I am not so sure. Will we every see the sun again in the Lone Star state,
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:05 am
It's a tad chilly here at the moment but warming up. We have had some warm days and out walking, I can see the dogwoods just beginning to bud. No azaelas yet but who knows, by the end of the week it may be another story.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 12:34 pm
My banana trees have green tips sprouting even in this.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:36 pm
I envy those of you who have seen signs of spring. All I'm seeing are snow flakes turning the grass white, along with the cold blowing winds. Sad
I do however hang on to any hope of spring's coming, such as the light of day growing longer. I'm often tricked by the warm looks of the inviting sun outside my window, until I open my door to a frigid blast of chill brought on by our enduring winter, which seems to never end.
Thank goodness for hot chocolate with marshmallows and daydreams. Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 05:56 am
We retrogressed a bit this past week, but it's unmistakable that the flora has decided it's spring.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 06:01 am
Clouds have meant that our summer-stressed trees have begun to turn - tricked into believing the days are shorter than they are!

Oh for a wet winter to kill this wretched drought.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » SPRINGTIME AND THE LIVING IS IMPROVING
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 05:00:31