importing from vietnam to the united states

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:35 am
Hello. I'm looking to import silk and wooden products from Vietnam to the US.

I just spent the last week meeting sellers in Vietnam. I received information around shipping, as well. I was told that there is no import tax on items brought from Vietnam to the US... basically everyone says its this simple...

a) order/buy goods in vietnam
b) contact shipper to mail the meter box or larger container ($110 for a meter box to my state), takes 30 days, arrives by ship.
c) i pick it up at my airport
d) i pay no taxes, duties, etc. just buy the items and pay the shipping company

Seems too good to be true. Anyone have any insight, information, contacts on this subject.

Appreciate it...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,948 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Digaplay

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 12:07 am
I understand this response is late. But I just found this site and it may help other people.

Vietnam currently has no trade agreements. They only recently a couple years back got off of Column two countries. The are not even a GSP eligible county

You will need to file some type of customs entry on all imported cargo, regardless of country of origin. The entry type depends on value and movement type.

Duty will be processed at standard column one rate, and you will have to pay MPF and HMF.
0 Replies

OEPHAM

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:25 am
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION ON IMPORT TAX FROM VIETNAM
Digaplay wrote:
I understand this response is late. But I just found this site and it may help other people.

Vietnam currently has no trade agreements. They only recently a couple years back got off of Column two countries. The are not even a GSP eligible county

You will need to file some type of customs entry on all imported cargo, regardless of country of origin. The entry type depends on value and movement type.

Duty will be processed at standard column one rate, and you will have to pay MPF and HMF.
0 Replies

OEPHAM

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:26 am
HAVE YOU HAD ANY SUCCESS, PLEASE SHARE, THANK YOU
importwesley wrote:
Hello. I'm looking to import silk and wooden products from Vietnam to the US.

I just spent the last week meeting sellers in Vietnam. I received information around shipping, as well. I was told that there is no import tax on items brought from Vietnam to the US... basically everyone says its this simple...

a) order/buy goods in vietnam
b) contact shipper to mail the meter box or larger container ($110 for a meter box to my state), takes 30 days, arrives by ship.
c) i pick it up at my airport
d) i pay no taxes, duties, etc. just buy the items and pay the shipping company

Seems too good to be true. Anyone have any insight, information, contacts on this subject.

Appreciate it...
0 Replies