There's GOT to be a better way to get good concert seats.

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:56 am
U2 is on tour again, and I've never seen them before. I want to go, and I want to get good seats, but I don't want to empty my bank account to get them.

They have a U2 fan club that gets you access to the internet pre-sale, but you had to have joined three days ago to have a shot at the tickets for this tour. I just found out about the stupid show today, so that's out. And to tell the truth, I think those pre-sale things are a bunch of bullshit anyways. You still have to be there the second they go on sale, and after about thirty seconds all the good seats are gone.

So aside from getting lucky, do you know any other way to get good seats? I guess I could get the best seats I can when they go on sale and then try to "trade up" on ebay or craigslist. I don't know if that will even work though.

Remember the good old days, when you could just camp out for 28 hours on a line and you knew it was going to be worth it? It sucked, but at least everyone had an equal f*cking chance at the good seats.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 796 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:59 am
Ebay

You can get great tickets now but holy **** will you pay for them..... Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
Floor Row 1

Got $1000?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:04 am
Yeah, I know. I've done that before. I wish there was a better way...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:11 am
sucks man....

I thought they were coming to Detroit but it doesn't appear so...

That really shoots me going to see them down. At least they are playing in your city.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:43 am
Do you know anyone who is handicapped?
Seriously.. ( ugh.. this is going to sound bad BUT ..)
If you know anyone, hearing impared, walks with a cane.. SOMETHING.. have them buy the seats.
There is always a small section in the front of a concert saved for the disabled concert go-er.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
On top of that, the area for the disabled attendance is rarely if ever used because most people dont know about it.
go to ticketmaster.com
they MAY have info about that seating...?
My husband just went to an Iron Maiden concert with his friend who has a hearing aide.
Now a hearing aide doesnt require the big spaces like a wheelchair does, but he got those seats anyways because he was considered disabled
Mr wolf said he could almost smell the sweat off of Dickenson he was that f-n close.
Grumble.... grrr.. and I passed THAT up because I didnt like his friend.. grrgrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:46 am
Kicky – here is how I got to see U2 up close at a concert. We happen to be in England when they were touring there. We found out they were having a concert in this town at a soccer stadium. Tickets on the field were general admission with no seats. We risked buying tickets from an ad in a local paper, met the guy at the train station and paid cash. Wasn’t too much over the face price. We prayed they were real. Got to the field as early as we could, stood in line and we were one of first through the gates. We ran to the stage, had to sit through a really bad band and as a result were hit with all forms of trash since the audience couldn’t stand them and were throwing things and yelling at them to get the f*ck off. Saw a second band, then the Pretenders, then finally U2. We were nearly trampled as the crowd surged toward the stage. Even thought the concert pretty much lasted all afternoon and night, we did not go to the bathroom for fear of not finding one another. Both young women in an unfamiliar city in England. We survived and loved the concert – closest I ever was to Bono and we managed to smuggle in a good camera and got some great pictures.

We also saw them in Foxboro stadium (home of the beloved Patriots) twice, in Providence, RI and in the old Boston Garden on St. Patrick’s Day. The St. Paddy’s day tickets were pure dumb luck, the others we waited in line. Although none of the other tickets were what I would call good tickets.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:51 am
Sorry Kicky...but....

No head no backstage pass....it's the age old rule of the rock jungle....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:00 pm
I guess the pre-sale wasn’t all it was cracked up to be…

"I found out I could get 10th row in the balcony on the opposite end of the arena for $95. How is that preferred seating?" said Stacy Bartko of North Easton. Bartko was hoping that her $40 membership in U2.com would get her access to better seating at U2's upcoming Boston dates.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2005/01/27/u2_presale_draws_complaints/
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 12:41 pm
Linkat wrote:
I guess the pre-sale wasn't all it was cracked up to be…

"I found out I could get 10th row in the balcony on the opposite end of the arena for $95. How is that preferred seating?" said Stacy Bartko of North Easton. Bartko was hoping that her $40 membership in U2.com would get her access to better seating at U2's upcoming Boston dates.

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2005/01/27/u2_presale_draws_complaints/

See? That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. That internet presale crap is worthless. It's just a way for the money-grubbing marketing scumbags to squeeze more money from people.
0 Replies