e-commerce: which online credit card processor do you rec.?

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 06:28 pm
As you probably know, I'm in the midst of building my e-commerce website, and am now looking for info about choosing a credit card processor.

I have found dozens already, and I assume there are hundreds out there. The pricing structures seem pretty outrageous. Maybe this is the norm, though.

I have a merchant account with my existing business, and I'm looking to expand my biz to the internet.

My current business is a service, and I do not swipe credit cards, so my fees are higher than normal. This is what I'm paying: Discount and other fees combined is less than 2%, plus $8 a month statement fee. I also pay 25c every time I batch (only a few times per month).

Anyway, the online companies I've found are charging similar to this. When some things are cheaper with a particular company, other things are greater, so it seems to wash:

Application Fee $0.00
Discount Rate 2.39%
Transaction Fee $0.25 +$.05 AVS
Monthly Minimum Charge $15.00
Monthly Customer Service Fee $10.00
Monthly Gateway Fee $25.00

Is this normal for online merchant fees? I mean, compare them to my current processing fees and it's ridiculous.

Thanks for your help,

General
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 836 • Replies: 2
No top replies

husker

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2005 07:09 pm
paypal is close as I personally come - at the office we have our merchant with our bank and use visanet as our processor, we have software and run batches everynight with the transactions of the day.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 02:50 pm
Quick answer: those fees are not unusual.
0 Replies